How do you get a brick this cool-looking?

m1x3rr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jlon.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I already fixed it, but what does this Wii brick mean? It's not like it says "The Wii is corrupted." or anything, but rather this. If you can't see the image, it's a bunch of random green pixels.
brick1.png
brick2.png

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've seen that before, I think it has to do with a partial region change that got interrupted and is now trying to load the system menu. I know for sure green and purple vertical stripes can indicate this, but possibly this output as well, I haven't seen it in awhile to recall for certain

PhysicalPain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I sometimes get the same, or something VERY similar, when I start my Wii. This only shows up for a second with my TV showing NTSC-[some numbers] and then it switches to PAL-60 when the health screen comes on.
My Wii is a PAL console and I set it to 60hz output otherwise I couldn't play Project Zero (Fatal Frame) 2 Wii Edition, don't know where that NTSC comes from.

EDIT:
@m1x3rr: You said you already fixed it, woul you like to share how? Maybe someone else might benefit from that in the future.

Last edited by PhysicalPain,
Reactions: locomia

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a common thing I see (only for a split second) when quitting my NTSC GameCube games on my PAL Wii console. I assumed it was more the TV just not dealing with the white noise of the analogue output from the component cables during the reset/restart.

m1x3rr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jlon.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I sometimes get the same, or something VERY similar, when I start my Wii. This only shows up for a second with my TV showing NTSC-[some numbers] and then it switches to PAL-60 when the health screen comes on.
My Wii is a PAL console and I set it to 60hz output otherwise I couldn't play Project Zero (Fatal Frame) 2 Wii Edition, don't know where that NTSC comes from.

EDIT:
@m1x3rr: You said you already fixed it, woul you like to share how? Maybe someone else might benefit from that in the future.
For how I fixed it, I just had PriiLoader and went back into WiiModLite to change the region back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64