ROM Hack How do I view NDS video files (.mods)?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other than rad/bink there are no DS video formats that have been reverse engineered as far as making players for them. Mods (one of the vx and actimagine family, which Nintendo bought out at one stage) being one of the bigger formats here.
Some people found out the basics of the format but again no standalone player.

If you just want to rip them then either find a game (preferably from around the same time as the format did shift a bit over the years) or use the game they came from and rename files within it -- overwrite the game intro video with the final boss death scene video and hopefully said final boss death scene plays where the intro would. You can then rip it with the video options of the emulator or something.

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Other than rad/bink there are no DS video formats that have been reverse engineered as far as making players for them. Mods (one of the vx and actimagine family, which Nintendo bought out at one stage) being one of the bigger formats here.
Some people found out the basics of the format but again no standalone player.

If you just want to rip them then either find a game (preferably from around the same time as the format did shift a bit over the years) or use the game they came from and rename files within it -- overwrite the game intro video with the final boss death scene video and hopefully said final boss death scene plays where the intro would. You can then rip it with the video options of the emulator or something.
Hum... I'll try. Thanks for the tip!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You added support for the DS versions too? I saw the 3ds stuff but from what else I saw it was different enough to note.
Looks I have some reading and fiddling to do.

Reactions: x65943

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You added support for the DS versions too? I saw the 3ds stuff but from what else I saw it was different enough to note.
Looks I have some reading and fiddling to do.
Yep, mods files are supported. The format is mostly the same. It's only some altered huffman tables and a different YUV format. VX files however seem to use an old version of the codec that is much different.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Rypie109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, calm down and second off, depends on the ds game. Only some contain the .mods. You also have to go through the dumped filesystem to see if there is one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021