Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand on 9.0. Emunand on 9.5. Retail Pokemon X cart.

I want to install the update for Pokémon X and continue my save game. I can't do this on 9.0 sysnand because I'd have to update the firmware version. I can't do this on 9.5 emunand because it doesn't recognize my retail cart.

So am I just screwed? I imagine I could dump my cart and its save with the gateway loader then somehow use the save for the ROM I made but I don't know how to do this. I'm sure this has been answered before but a quick search is getting me mixed answers that aren't very concise. Any helpful links, guides, tools, or advice would be appreciated.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your sysNAND and emuNAND linked? If so, I think you can just find a CIA version of the update and install it on emuNAND, and it should also be there on sysNAND.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in similar situation.. and my Sysnand and Emunand are NOT linked. How do I get the update?

You just have to look for the update in the eshop via emunand and download it. You will only be able to pay the game with the update while in emunand.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Is your sysNAND and emuNAND linked? If so, I think you can just find a CIA version of the update and install it on emuNAND, and it should also be there on sysNAND.

No, I unlinked them by formatting my sysnand. So the nandwhich I played Pokemon X on before splitting the two is basically the pre-gateway pre-firmware-update nand that is now my emunand. Ihave not played the game since.

You just have to look for the update in the eshop via emunand and download it. You will only be able to pay the game with the update while in emunand.

Please read my opening post. In emunand (gateway mode) when I put my Pokémon X cart in it doesn't recognize the cartridge; nothing shows up on the system menu.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I unlinked them by formatting my sysnand. So the nandwhich I played Pokemon X on before splitting the two is basically the pre-gateway pre-firmware-update nand that is now my emunand. Ihave not played the game since.

Please read my opening post. In emunand (gateway mode) when I put my Pokémon X cart in it doesn't recognize the cartridge; nothing shows up on the system menu.

You need to boot classic mode

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can also scan the qr code in the eshop from here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.../1061/~/how-to-update-pokémon-x-and-pokémon-y

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use classic mode (that is its purpose), but you can also use a different SD card, copy sysnand folders to it, install the update as .cia, copy folders back to other SD card. Then your sysnand will have the update.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to boot classic mode
Thank you so much! This totally works. So that's what classic mode is for. I had just assumed it would boot to sysnand.

My problem wasn't just with downloading the update, but being able to play the game. If you read my original post, you'll see I noted that the cart itself wasn't being recognized. Thank you for the contribution to this thread though and listing different ways to get the update itself. I hope that Chrushev can also be helped by Kirb's and your contributions.

You can use classic mode (that is its purpose), but you can also use a different SD card, copy sysnand folders to it, install the update as .cia, copy folders back to other SD card. Then your sysnand will have the update.
Ahh. That's clever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol