Hacking How do I stream vita games to a tv?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm pretty sure I heard a while back about a way of displaying/streaming vita games on a tv rather than just the console itself.
I've tried looking for that same thread but all I get are links to pc>vita streaming via moonlight.

Is there a method of doing this without a capture mod or a pstv? Or was the thread I was reading total bs?

D

Deleted User

Direct screen mirroring from Vita to TV isn't possible unless you own a devkit/testkit Vita. (They have built-in micro-HDMI ports which you can connect to the TV's HDMI port using a HDMI cable, and it will capture the Vita's screen from there. A bit of a missed opportunity for retail Vitas, if you ask me...)

The only method I could think of at the moment is Vita -> PC -> TV using RinCheat's wireless screen capture feature. But I've heard it's slow and buggy (only about 5-10fps max.), so you might want to give it a miss until there's a better wireless screen capture software.

I'm also quite interested in seeing what the other thread suggested to do...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm sorry, no suggestion for streaming games but Playstation TV? I mean it plays vita games on tv in up to 1080I, of course you will need the black list option if you can't play a specific game on there, so is kinda hit and miss. But is proably the best option for now, unless some miracle happens, hack ps3 play psvita games or something, i dunno. :P

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure there were some hardware mods people made, but nothing publicly available and definitely no software solution.

As has been stated, PSTV is your best bet if you have a way to activate it without updating so you can get the whitelist hack.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Direct screen mirroring from Vita to TV isn't possible unless you own a devkit/testkit Vita. (They have built-in micro-HDMI ports which you can connect to the TV's HDMI port using a HDMI cable, and it will capture the Vita's screen from there. A bit of a missed opportunity for retail Vitas, if you ask me...)

The only method I could think of at the moment is Vita -> PC -> TV using RinCheat's wireless screen capture feature. But I've heard it's slow and buggy (only about 5-10fps max.), so you might want to give it a miss until there's a better wireless screen capture software.

I'm also quite interested in seeing what the other thread suggested to do...

Just a little FYI but only the PDEL's have the HDMI out, Test kits are the same as retails hardware wise afaik.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...