Homebrew How do I Install MSET on 9.0 N3DS?

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm getting kind of tired of how long it takes to access homebrew and everything through using Cubic Ninja, and recall reading that an MSET access point is much faster to use. This would open the Homebrew Launcher and let me access everything from there like normally, right?

The issue that I'm having is that I don't know how to set it up. I don't have a compatible DS flashcard, only a DSTT that I used to use for my DS Lite, and my 3DS doesn't recognize it. I tried searching the forums and Google for "MSET Hack for 9.0 N3DS", but got nothing useful, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered opening a new thread.

Could somebody please be kind enough to either explain the process to me, or just link me to a set of directions to do so?

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As much as i know: You'll need a copy of Ocarina of Time (with a modded save) and the GW launcher.dat on the SD card - OR - a compatible DS Flashcard with the installer files included in the latest GW release. Please correct me, if i'am wrong.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as i know: You'll need a copy of Ocarina of Time (with a modded save) and the GW launcher.dat on the SD card - OR - a compatible DS Flashcard with the installer files included in the latest GW release. Please correct me, if i'am wrong.
no i think MSET is a CIA of your old setings menu, a downgraded settings menu to use old 4.5 exploit
you are thinking of NVRAM , which i think eliminates the need of a DS card, installs the the gateway setup.nds basically from GW menu

he need to have CN ,he neeeds CN(no ROP chain for OOT yet AFAIK) at least once to boot homebrew launcher, use FBI to install old devmen CIA , then use it to install the MSET.CIA to donwgrade the settings menu
use NVRAM installer to install GW installer/MSET ,repeat after you use DS mode

but i could be wrong i haven't used it yet

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I'm getting kind of tired of how long it takes to access homebrew and everything through using Cubic Ninja, and recall reading that an MSET access point is much faster to use. This would open the Homebrew Launcher and let me access everything from there like normally, right?

The issue that I'm having is that I don't know how to set it up. I don't have a compatible DS flashcard, only a DSTT that I used to use for my DS Lite, and my 3DS doesn't recognize it. I tried searching the forums and Google for "MSET Hack for 9.0 N3DS", but got nothing useful, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered opening a new thread.

Could somebody please be kind enough to either explain the process to me, or just link me to a set of directions to do so?
.3dsx homebrew has to be launched through Cubic Ninja, there's no other way. CFW or Gateway can be launched through mset, and .cia homebrew can be launched through that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative