lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need to convert anything to America, English, etc. Luma works on all 3ds, regardless of regions. See further instructions here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/key-information
pretty sure they want to region change a jap system to english, using a vid that shows each screen or a simple phone translation app to get past each screen

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japenese 3ds and I need to convert it to America. So I need to install Luma3ds to my 3ds But I dont know how to so can anyone help me?
First you need to install cfw, before you can region change it to NA. Read through the guide carefully here and follow whatever method that is available to you.

Reactions: zxr750j

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just remove region lock. you can do it within the luma3ds config menu.
What "region lock"? Also there's no such setting in Luma3DS Menu, well because it doesn't need it. Just by installing Luma3DS itself, it allows you to play out-of-region games from the get go..
there's no point. i guess you can flash the ntsc-u firmware.
That's what people were suggesting, doing a region change (after installing cfw of course).

WindowsXP2600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What "region lock"? Also there's no such setting in Luma3DS Menu, well because it doesn't need it. Just by installing Luma3DS itself, it allows you to play out-of-region games from the get go..

That's what people were suggesting, doing a region change (after installing cfw of course).
sorry, i thought i had to enable that... lol

sucrose1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really needs to be said that Luma3DS itself is not enough for a fully functional Japan 3DS if you are wanting to play out-of-region games on it. Luigi's Mansion 1 USA for example will hang on a black screen if it's run on a Japan 3DS with Luma3DS installed and nothing else. Other games like Pokemon Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon will default to Japanese language until you choose English.

You must do two additional things:

1) Enable Game Patching in Luma3DS settings (Hold Select then turn on 3DS)

2) Grab LumaLocaleSwitcher from GitHub, the .cia file, install it and then you use this to force region settings for problem games.

Inside LumaLocaleSwitcher, select "Choose Locales Directory", then choose "/luma/titles/%s/locale.txt". After that, go back out and select Titles then pick a game and update the Change Region and Change Language options to USA and En respectively.

It is completely normal for LumaLocaleSwitcher to completely freeze and become unresponsive after changing a few game titles. Just hold the power button to force shut off, then turn back on and resume your progress in LumaLocaleSwitcher again.

Reactions: CoolMe

Bently64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really needs to be said that Luma3DS itself is not enough for a fully functional Japan 3DS if you are wanting to play out-of-region games on it. Luigi's Mansion 1 USA for example will hang on a black screen if it's run on a Japan 3DS with Luma3DS installed and nothing else. Other games like Pokemon Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon will default to Japanese language until you choose English.

You must do two additional things:

1) Enable Game Patching in Luma3DS settings (Hold Select then turn on 3DS)

2) Grab LumaLocaleSwitcher from GitHub, the .cia file, install it and then you use this to force region settings for problem games.

Inside LumaLocaleSwitcher, select "Choose Locales Directory", then choose "/luma/titles/%s/locale.txt". After that, go back out and select Titles then pick a game and update the Change Region and Change Language options to USA and En respectively.

It is completely normal for LumaLocaleSwitcher to completely freeze and become unresponsive after changing a few game titles. Just hold the power button to force shut off, then turn back on and resume your progress in LumaLocaleSwitcher again.
so is this a tutorial to installing luma to you?
Post automatically merged:

You don't need to convert anything to America, English, etc. Luma works on all 3ds, regardless of regions. See further instructions here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/key-information
The browserhax is broken to me look it crashes when browserhax gets to show any colors
Photo on 7-3-23 at 9.00 PM.png

Last edited by Bently64,

sucrose1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so is this a tutorial to installing luma to you?
Post automatically merged:

No, it's only a highly recommended addendum to a Luma3DS install, if one is going to play lots of out-of-region games.

The browserhax is broken to me look it crashes when browserhax gets to show any colors
Photo on 7-3-23 at 9.00 PM.png

Make sure you're using the latest superskater-hax exploit and the correct one for your region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: