ROM Hack How do I import an edited model back into a .bch file?

AJ170

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
long story short I'm trying to make a rom hack, I've exported the model via Ohana3DS and made my edits in blender, and when I try to import it back in Ohana crashes. I've tried SPICA but that doesn't import. I can't find anything else online about editing .bch files.

SrMininez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Kinda trying the same here, did you got anything about exporting .bch files?
Searching in google is kinda of a nightmare, everything is about cryptos! TT--TT"

AJ170

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Kinda trying the same here, did you got anything about exporting .bch files?
Searching in google is kinda of a nightmare, everything is about cryptos! TT--TT"
you can use Ohana3DS Rebirth to export models, on the website for Ohana it claims you can import if using obj format in and out, and same verts in and out but even following that it fails to import (fatal error). that tool was made for pokemon games so im guessing it only works with pokemon games?

after extensively asking for help in a lot of discord servers I was told to ask for help in a pokemon modding discord for the 3DS but I haven't had the free time to look for one yet. probably won't for a good week or so.

KoharuXenon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
long story short I'm trying to make a rom hack, I've exported the model via Ohana3DS and made my edits in blender, and when I try to import it back in Ohana crashes. I've tried SPICA but that doesn't import. I can't find anything else online about editing .bch files.
You would have to download the NW4C plugins for 3dsmax/Maya and use that to convert to cgfx which you can then go from there

SrMininez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use Ohana3DS Rebirth to export models, on the website for Ohana it claims you can import if using obj format in and out, and same verts in and out but even following that it fails to import (fatal error). that tool was made for pokemon games so im guessing it only works with pokemon games?

after extensively asking for help in a lot of discord servers I was told to ask for help in a pokemon modding discord for the 3DS but I haven't had the free time to look for one yet. probably won't for a good week or so.
Ah, I see, the thing is that I've been working with Ohana 3DS for a couple of weeks now, and had no issue importing models of other games, usually banners in .bcmdl/.cgfx, but rn I'm trying to import animations (skeletal and texture ones), so, that's why
I've checked that it's possible to export anims (sk) and modify those in .smd, but Ohana, doesn't support it, so, kinda of driving me crazy trying with diferent files, lol

Might I ask for some of those servers? Would help me a lot to collect some info ^^"

Last edited by SrMininez,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1