Hacking how do i get my r4 to work in my new DSI XL?

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for the info im defo leaning toward the acecard 2i at the mo
is it as easy to use as my old r4? meaning i can drag and drop roms to it and play them?
also what firmware do i go for? the official or the akaio firmware 1.6 iv heard about
whats difference?
sorry but im rather new to acecards iv had an r4 for the last yr

by the way how do if find the current firmware of my dsi xl? im not sure if its 1.4

ah found it im on 1.4E

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:
ok thanks for the info im defo leaning toward the acecard 2i at the mo
is it as easy to use as my old r4? meaning i can drag and drop roms to it and play them?
also what firmware do i go for? the official or the akaio firmware 1.6 iv heard about
whats difference?
sorry but im rather new to acecards iv had an r4 for the last yr

by the way how do if find the current firmware of my dsi xl? im not sure if its 1.4

ah found it im on 1.4E
It's as easy to use. Just drag-and drop the firmware files and the roms.
Use AKAIO. It has way faster updates.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zombie_X said:
I don't have the contact problem, but I have a broken spring in the sd slot.. Man this card is only a couple weeks old.

Well an alternative would be buying R4i Gold and using Wood R4 on it. I know it works on my R4i Gold.

Wood R4 works on R4i Gold? Even if it DOES work for you, you should realize that there are three "mainstream" different R4i Gold makers and any number of R4i Gold clones. It does a real disservice to tell anyone to buy a clone much less an ambiguous one.

I also don't believe you, even if you may have gotten Wood R4 for Clones to run on your card, saving doesn't and has never worked on this.

If I somehow completely missed YWG releasing his source and someone fixing it to work with non-orig-R4 "R4 clones" I apologize.

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok my acekard 2i is on its way as we speak iv heard i will need to format it in a ds lite before it will work on my dsi xl
can someone tell me exactly what to do and how to do it. i thought it would work in my dsixl but now i need another ds with a lower firmware??

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm that guide tells me what i need to do but not how to do it
ok i know i need a ds fat or lite, i have both... my daughters have one each so i can use those
but what do i do?
do i download the 1.3 firmware and then pulg in the acekard to the ds lite then download the 1.4 firmware and then i can put it in my dsi xl?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:
ok i know i need a ds fat or lite, i have both... my daughters have one each so i can use those
but what do i do?
do i download the 1.3 firmware and then pulg in the acekard to the ds lite then download the 1.4 firmware and then i can put it in my dsi xl?

Okay, I think I understand your confusion.
First you must set up the Acekard so that it will run like normal. This means installing the AKAIO software on the MicroSD.
Because I am in a good mood I will try to make this easy and explain for you.

Step One: Use SD Association Formatter 3.0 (formerly known as Panasonic SD Formatter) to format your microSD. Be careful that you format the correct drive.
The default format settings should be fine regardless of what microSD card it is.
The reason you should use this software to format the microSD is because when you use Windows to format a drive, it will format that device as if it was a hard disk, which it is not, and the result is an unreliable file system.

Step Two: After format, decompress the latest AKAIO which is currently AKAIO 1.6 RC2. You may have to download WinRAR from RARLAB in order to open this archive. Copy the contents of the archive to the freshly formatted MicroSD. After doing this the contents of your MicroSD will be:

Folder - __aio
File - ak4menu.nds
File - LoaderChangelog.txt
File - readme_AKAIO.txt

Optional You can delete the two .txt files (they look like text documents, and your system may not be configured to show the .txt file extension once they're extracted).

Step Three: Open this archive (linked from this previously mentioned post) and add ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds to the MicroSD.

Step Four: Safely Remove the MicroSD from your reader or adapter, and put the MicroSD in the Acekard and put the Acekard in the older DS system.

Step Five: Run the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file like you would run a game in the AKAIO menu. This will download the updated firmware to the cartridge to make it work with the DSi XL.

After this process is complete you should remove the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file from your microSD and then put whatever ROMS/Homebrew on it because it's ready.

Notes: Many Acekard users including myself have had contact issues (games freeze/card isn't detected) at some point with Acekard 2i on the DSi XL. That guide has very good information on fixing contact issues.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stickybit said:
but what do i do?
There is no 1.3 firmware, I don't know where you got that from.

It does tell you how to do it, I took those photos as I was flashing my cart.

Follow the guide from top to bottom, it's pretty simple. It tells you exactly how to do it.

If you still can't do it, you'll have to buy an Acekard 2i from ShopTemp instead. Add a MicroSD card and then select Premium update. They flash the cart to 1.4, and setup AKAIO on the MicroSD. All you will have to do is insert it into the DS and power on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...