Hacking How do I get 2 FAT32 Partitions on a 4TB Drive?

DaveyMames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I read that it's best to use FAT32 for compatibility reasons but when I format my drive to FAT32 with Windows Disk Management or other programs, it will only format 1 partition to 2TB FAT32. The remaining space will not let me format it.

How can I get 2 partitions?

Also I read about a few people being able to format a single 4TB partition as FAT32. I've tried various programs mentioned in the forum but none of them worked. I could only get a 2TB partition.

I am going to put the GameCube Redump [1801 GB] on 1 partition and the Wii Redump [2244 GB] on the other partition (I'll delete everything except the Wii and Gamecube exclusives). It's for my niece, I don't know what games she likes so I'm just putting all the games on it for her.

Last edited by DaveyMames,

DaveyMames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does the Wii even support 4TB drives? If it does, then use something like Windows's Disk Management to make partitions on your drive.

Already tried that and it only lets me format 1 partition to 2TB. The remaining 2TB can't be formatted.
I read on the forum that it does support 4TB. One guy was able to use a single 4TB partition and others said they used 2 partitions but I'm not sure if they used the whole 4TB or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny