Gaming Hacking How do I change game version without bricking my 3ds?

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point you'll need a cia of an older update version. Uninstall your current one, find the cia for the game version you want, and install that.

If you're not able to find it, I know you can use ctrcdnfetch to specify a title version to download, but you'll have to get into the eshop and download the update legit, and dump the legit (personalized) ticket for the update, before you can use ctrcdnfetch to download the older update.

I'll have to mess with it to see if I can remember how to force it to download a specific title version...

niwato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point you'll need a cia of an older update version. Uninstall your current one, find the cia for the game version you want, and install that.

If you're not able to find it, I know you can use ctrcdnfetch to specify a title version to download, but you'll have to get into the eshop and download the update legit, and dump the legit (personalized) ticket for the update, before you can use ctrcdnfetch to download the older update.

I'll have to mess with it to see if I can remember how to force it to download a specific title version...
Am I able to just delete the game and just put the cartrige back in?

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure the 3DS gen games really care about game version, in relation to save data. updates back then were only bug fixes, nothing that would affect save data structure.

If 1.0 is fine for your needs then yeah, you don't need to bother with trying to download specific update versions from the cdn.

I don't understand why you'd need to uninstall the game and reinstall from a cartridge dump though? Just go in your data management and delete the update from the Downloadable Content menu... other guy's making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night