Mr. Floppy

Someday my Prince (of Darkness) will come
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cause it being run by very nice and muture Admin/Mod. Not like some site (which I'm not going to name) that I no loner post in. About half their member is mod. and the mod are more interested in their post count than the community. I go there cause of the rom and even donate to keep the going. I got p!$$, after I got scold like a kid for using the word d@mn and other got spam warning cause they disagree with the mod game review. Now just going there to get my donating worth of rom
This forum let the community run it self and only step in when absolutely neccessary to inforce the rules.
Another thing I love (beside Kivan j/k) is that I won't be seeing a Mod post poll about themself.

blue99

The Original Fake
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found this site on another board, now down, and it was in a topic called, "Great Rom Sites". I thought GBAtemp would be like the other boards. But it was different. That's how GBAtemp is so big, it is different.

mole_incarnate

Watermelon!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
Its also popular because there isnt some little kid running the forum, its a grown adult that people take seriously to make good choices in the way that the forum goes. Removing roms being one of the choices. Unlike you.

Im not saying your immature. You cant be your only 12, logic just runs around you while your making decisions.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
This is making me think, how did i find this site, i think it might have been through a friend of mine. I used to be a poster here back at the very beginning, this is the profile of the user i used to be under:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Profil...CODE=03&MID=279

brings back the memories, i found and joined this site on the 25th of October 2002.
This place used to be very small but grew rapidly. This place is great because of people like KiVan and all the work he and others put in.
IMO this is the best community on the net. It's almost like a large group of friends, where you could tell each person anything.

Hey KiVan you should write a history page where you put down the history of GBAtemp, like why you decided to make this site and when it started up and when you decided to not host roms anymore.

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its also popular because there isnt some little kid running the forum, its a grown adult that people take seriously to make good choices in the way that the forum goes. Removing roms being one of the choices. Unlike you.

Im not saying your immature. You cant be your only 12, logic just runs around you while your making decisions.
Immature Decisions?

Would you like to tell me what I did wrong?

I got rid of the roms so I'm not sure what you're on about

As for decisions for my site/forum, you'd know about my new decisions to make my site better if you were still posting and checking it.

And just so you know, I am putting some effort in.

I'm learning how to do webpage design at the moment and trying to learn how to do banners at the same time.

I'd have to say I'm not as immature as you remember me when you left...

mole_incarnate

Watermelon!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
Oviously you dont read very well either. I said your not immature, your just too young.

I have read your posts, I just dont post back you see. Your 'suggestions' are insane.

This is where I end this conversation and I hope I never have to talk to your selfish arse ever again.

GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
well, it's hard to find a way to describe why gbatemp get so big. i felt growin here, day by day, first downloading roms, then postin' replys. I Always look forward to this type of forums, cos is easy to make friendships when u share the same passion. Other forums can't handle this, like emuchina: there's not static members and the Mods r always talkin whit superiority, and this is bad. Only 2 o 3 ppls know each others....the others keep on enter....and keep on leave. I think that is right to don't have an http roms download section, cos prolly this section will destroy the community and will permit the registerin' of ppls only interested in leechin roms. If Gbatemp got a marvelous soul,is only because we like to chit chat about gba, leavin the roms download in 2nd time. Get emuchina: Everything is all about the rom request. U will never find an interesting topic there. And like emuchina, there's a lots of Forums-whitout-a-soul out there. And when i think about those, i feel to thanks god for let gbatemp be something special, filled whit special peoples who love to chat about a special consoles. Peoples who love to find a place where relax.

Thanx KiVan, Alex, Omero and everything all of u for contribute day by day in the growin of GbaTemp.

We're simply great!

regards,
GbaDoctor

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oviously you dont read very well either. I said your not immature, your just too young.

I have read your posts, I just dont post back you see. Your 'suggestions' are insane.

This is where I end this conversation and I hope I never have to talk to your selfish arse ever again.
SELFISH!

You've gotta be kidding!

What's so selfish that I'm doing?

From my new plans for the site I can't see they're selfish

All the people that are helping out with it now are doing it because they want to!

One of my new staff I'm doing a favor for so I don't see I'm selfish!

Insane?

I don't see they are insane?

In what way

If you have problems with Final Fusion Gateway then help me to fix them

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright you two, I think that's enough. This arguement doesn't need to be here.

Initially, I admit, I was here for the roms. I then decided to stay and look around at the community. The community here is great, as long as your not an a$$ and such. I think that's the best thing going for it, the ability to have such a wide variety of people talking to each other with one common interest, which is GBA. I don't have a lot of friends that are as hardcore about gaming as I am, and I don't see those that are much anymore. So it's always nice to be able to talk about this stuff.

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How about we just drop that because the answer could start *another* flame war

And dont anyone take this the wrong way im just a guy trying to be helpful k
wink.gif

Chiaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Layout is cool >.>
Still, this is the Site with the latest news..
If I can't find my GBA Downloads on my favourite D/L Site I look in 'ere so I can see myself, whether there are new realeases or not.

Or the fact, that Iridion 3D was a bad dump has been argued in here as well. I couldn't have got any information about that problem if there wasn't gbatemp *kizzez da site =D*

Edit: Stop argueing you two guyz! You can't just ask someone how he got his site popular...
You see there were several reasons, that this site became so well-visited...
At the 1st time it was nothing for me but a Rom d/l site. When I heard, that the site will stop making d/l- links to roms I thought that was it...It seemed, that the community would decrease but that didn't
happen! The community increased every day, because you had a place where you got help to every
question you had, that concerned life or GBA Roms... (sry for my bad english :wtf:)
So what I am trying to tell you Fusion-Dude is, that you just had a bad start...even if KiVaN has some-
thing like a secret because the community has growed so much, it wouldn't help you! I think every GBA
Fan knows this site already and wouldn't join any other, like I wouldn't. This site is just superb and I
dun think, that any other site will reach this niveau...believe me...you will never gain 10k members =)

GreetZ to you Fusion Dude =D, Chiaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    "wake up dr frema. wake up and smell da ashes.."
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, did you reincarnate?
  • light27 @ light27:
    yes
  • light27 @ light27:
    also another thing, why do i always open gbatemp chat at the most unfortunate times
  • light27 @ light27:
    you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!