Hotel Dusk Successor Chase: Cold Case Investigations: Distant Memories Coming to the West

On May 11th Japanese audiences got to enjoy a brand new game by former Cing employees, the developers behind DS's sleeper hits Hotel Dusk and Last Window. Now, courtesy of Aksys Games, players in the west will once again be able to try their hand at being a... rather unusual detective. Riddles galore awaits all 3DS fans with Chase: Cold Case Investigations launching on the eShop this fall. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to put my gumshoe costume already!

:arrow:Source

G3nji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am going to support it because I think the director and CiNG in general had talent, but I'm not holding my breath for this being remarkable. I read impressions and most of them were of disappointment that the story ultimately isn't interesting enough and the gameplay is more passive than your usual CiNG fare. Still, I was told the 2D animated models look fantastic and the writing does evoke a "Kyle Hyde during his LAPD days" even though this is an alternative IP to Hotel Dusk where Kyle Hyde is "Yonosuuke blabla" and does police work in Tokyo and not LA. It's just a bunch of cases and a bit of tongue-in-cheek personality and charm I think, but nothing revelatory in terms of storytelling like earlier CiNG games.

I'm buying it in hopes of them making a bigger game in the future with the success of this title and hopefully they get Rika Suzuki back one day because she is the number one reason why people are already gushing over this, even if they won't admit it.

yeah im going to support this game too, who knows this might be the start for them to work on more games let alone finished kyle hyde's story.

Reactions: emuashui and Zense

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Famitsu gives this a 29 out of 40. Which is fine. Not every game is top notch.

But it also says play time is 2-3 hours. Which is not so great.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Famitsu gives this a 29 out of 40. Which is fine. Not every game is top notch.

But it also says play time is 2-3 hours. Which is not so great.
But then again, if it's a small eShop game it will probably have a price that matches the length.

Last edited by Zense,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The originals had plenty of depth to them, although they were dialogue-heavy. The initial impressions regarding this one are mixed or negative-leaning, but I feel that it might be nostalgia glasses at play - it's been too long since we've had a Cing game to play.
I am playing it now still and it's still amazing.
The game's meant to tell a story and it tells a great story. Sure it's slow at first, but every good mystery book takes time to progress and set the right atmosphere.

Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-