Hardware HORI D-Pad Controller (L) (Zelda) Officially Licensed Inquiry

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got this Left Joy-Con, and while it is a MUCH better Controller (D-Pad), there are some downsides

Pros-
DPAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Much better Control for Games/Homebrew such as the 2 Street Fighter Switch Games, or RetroArch (FBA/MAME)

Cons
Is ONLY for Handheld Mode.
No Wireless Connection

Wondering if it would be possible to swap out the internal Parts from the Official Left Joy-Con, and put it in the HORI Joy-Con? Has anyone tried this?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can waste 19 minutes watching this guy fail to so do. Not that it means its impossible because he isn't any kind of expert. He does open things up on camera so you might be able to fast forward to the relevant parts to see the internals.

There is someone who successfully installed a Saturn d-pad to their official joy-con, but that had to be one hell of a project. edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ga_saturn_dpad_joycon_mod_guide_for_nintendo/

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it is a good Controller, especially with the DPad. But some Users would want to have a Wireless Controller with the System Docked. So that is why I am wondering if swapping out the Components can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated