• Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

BTr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need the newest fw.img :) (I can give it to you but after work. When I get home)

Yeah, i just got it, worked perfectly...
now i´m having troubles installing haxchi, the noob friendly tutorial and application does not work here anyway, tried everything already...
is there any easier mode to install it manually?

Reactions: huma_dawii

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need the newest fw.img :) (I can give it to you but after work. When I get home)

Hi guys,
i got exactly the same error to install the HBL RC; i have the fw.img (MD5:1939ba4f75856e3dce68718fea379f59) : DLC eshop require Sig...Is my fw.img wrong or file is not correctly installed; should i run cfw boot before installing it with wup y mod 1.3, and sould i install it on system memory or usb? thanks!

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t
Yeah, i just got it, worked perfectly...
now i´m having troubles installing haxchi, the noob friendly tutorial and application does not work here anyway, tried everything already...
is there any easier mode to install it manually?
Yes, using wupclient and replacing the rom.zip manually

maiquinhofalkao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello I have installed the homebrew chanel to run it, can I just connect the wiiu and click on it or do I have to go to fw.ing to get access to sysnand and then open it?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello I have installed the homebrew chanel to run it, can I just connect the wiiu and click on it or do I have to go to fw.ing to get access to sysnand and then open it?
Some people like him, and I... have no knowledge to do it ourselves...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/building-iosuhax-on-windows.447023/

Grab dimok's source:
https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax

And when you are about to compile it, use "make cfw" for a fw.img which will be used only for sysNAND with sig patches, and "make rednand" for fw.img for rednand usage

Reactions: maiquinhofalkao

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-22_16-15-58.png
    upload_2016-11-22_16-15-58.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 286

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that it seems redundant to go to HBL to load CFWloader to reload HBL again.
But the HBL installed as channel has more privileges, and some (future) homebrew might depend on that, so the normal HBL could be only used as "gateway" to the second HBL.

But, maybe we are seing this "issue" in reverse.
Don't see it like "you need to run CFW to run HBL", but instead see it as "once in a CFW, you can easily run HBL without the browser exploit, taking CFW advantage".
For example, if you load RedNAND, you get HBL installed in it ! it's more SysNAND -> redNAND -> you have HBL here. in that schema, you HAVE to run redNAND to see HBL. it's more like a bonus of redNAND (or a bonus of any CFW). what you see as an issue is because it's located on sysNAND (with and without sigpath). seing it on non sigpatched sysNAND might seems tempting to launch it from here, but you need a sigpatching step first.

Another solution if you want a shortcut for sysNAND is to install Haxchi on sysNAND.

now you have different solutions :

sysNAND -> browser -> HBL -> CFWBooter -> SysNAND or redNAND -> HBL channel
sysNAND -> haxchi -> sysNAND or redNAND -> HBL channel
sysNAND -> haxchi -> HBC Rpx (edit: but with the same privileges than the non-channel version)

in the 3rd case, you could edit the picture and logo of the haxchi game to be "homebrew launcher" (I saw some of these logo around the forum, users posted links to these files), making a "direct boot HBL channel from non sigpatched sysNAND" but like maschell said below, that method has the same privileges than the non-channel version.
Thanks for answering Cyan, now I understand it much better, since I was not seeing it from that point of view, now it makes more sense and is much more reasonable, especially for the benefits ... thanks .. !!!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can't seem to get the channel version to install. When attempting to install using the latest wupinstaller y mod, it reboots to the Wii U Menu screen as it's supposed to, but then just shows the home menu rather than beginning the installation process.

I've updated to the latest Dimok iosuhax and latest wupinstaller y mod.

Curiously, I have this exact same problem when trying to install Xenoblade Chronicles X (though other games install fine).

EDIT -

Issue is fixed. Seems to be caused by haxchi. Installing the HBL Channel using the browser as an entry point, then loading HBL using the Channel solved the issue.

Last edited by sj33,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the deuce do I keep getting Error Code -3 despite the fact the SD card is less than two weeks old and is snugly fit in the SD slot? I'll ask this, but I'm not expecting to get an answer given how often posts on this thread are made.

I don't find the -3 error code reassuring, either the SD card is a POS, or the Wii U SD slot is a POS, and I don't have the means to replace either.

Why can't HBL have a timeout and reset the console back to the Wii U menu instead of locking the console up?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Why the deuce do I keep getting Error Code -3 despite the fact the SD card is less than two weeks old and is snugly fit in the SD slot? I'll ask this, but I'm not expecting to get an answer given how often posts on this thread are made.

I don't find the -3 error code reassuring, either the SD card is a POS, or the Wii U SD slot is a POS, and I don't have the means to replace either.

Why can't HBL have a timeout and reset the console back to the Wii U menu instead of locking the console up?
Did you check if it was FAT32 and not exFAT?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check if it was FAT32 and not exFAT?

Doesn't happen all the time, only at random; card is <2 weeks old, 32 GB SDHC, FAT32. Works most of the time, but surely, I can't be the only one with this random error. What I wish could happen is the HBL have some kind of fail safe or time out that kicks back to the home menu. I doubt that's feasible; hopefully USB will be possible.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly is the RPX version for? I get "FSOpenFile failed" when I try to use it in place of the ELF when launching the exploit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, why is the boot rate so poor? I can only get it one every four tries, maybe.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't happen all the time, only at random; card is <2 weeks old, 32 GB SDHC, FAT32. Works most of the time, but surely, I can't be the only one with this random error. What I wish could happen is the HBL have some kind of fail safe or time out that kicks back to the home menu. I doubt that's feasible; hopefully USB will be possible.
It might not even be your SD card.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not even be your SD card.

Then what could it be? I mean, do you think there can be a fail safe that times out upon HBL not detecting the mounted SD and exit to the Home Menu? That'd be better than having to unplug the console and restarting.

Just perplexed is all..

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh