• Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day everyone,

I have an issue with hbl, ever since I tested 1.2 I can't boot hbl anymore.

My setup is 5.3.2 us spoofed to 5.5.1.

I do see the exploit works it then flashes to a white screen with wiiu on the bottom right and it freezes there, I hear the music for like a second or two before it freezes.

I then decided to put back 1.1, I created a new entry for 1.1 in my self hosted index.html and the same thing happens freezes at the white screen.

Just to clarify since 1.1 requires hbl to be booted twice, it passes the first time (which is the kexploit) it's when I boot it the second time that it freezes on the white screen with the wiiu logo on the bottom right.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Khar00f,

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had troubles previously trying to install the latest SSB update ( I left it for 3 hrs and it's still not installed in both official release and Kakkoii_v1.2 ), Splatoon and Mario maker installed without any problem

and it's still the same with this release ( it's stuck in 13% :( )

any help ?

Ok I didnt try SSB update with this version but I did install it once (quite a while back) with the original version. I can re-install it later to check if its something on your side. It sounds to me like possible SD card issues. I would try re-format SD card with 64K cluster size or even try a different one. It could also be something more simpler like your WiiU not having enough space for it(?). You should check that.

Good day everyone,

I do see the exploit works it then flashes to a white screen with wiiu on the bottom right and it freezes there, I hear the music for like a second or two before it freezes.

I then decided to put back 1.1, I created a new entry for 1.1 in my self hosted index.html and the same thing happens freezes at the white screen.

Just to clarify since 1.1 requires hbl to be booted twice, it passes the first time (which is the kexploit) it's when I boot it the second time that it freezes on the white screen with the wiiu logo on the bottom right.

Any ideas?

This sounds like you are trying to use some HTML payload that is not compatible with the ELF or the transfer gets corrupted and you should try different hosting method. Those are the only possible reasons that lead to that problem. All other issues (like SD card issues) show you an error message.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good day everyone,

Any ideas?

Search my recent posts I posted a HBL 1.2 with latest loadiine commit self host package a few hrs ago.

Try point to the payload532.html rather than the index.html.

Works perfectly for me on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1.

Edit:

Amazing work @dimok thank you. WUP installer needed a fresh rework!

I have 1 issue with loadiine: custom bgmusic has not worked for me on the latest commits, used to work up to the nightlies on your GitHub. Any thoughts?

Also can HBL have custom music too?

Last edited by KiiWii,

fixx1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@dimok i've solved the mistery of the stuck.
The guy copied the whole /games folder into the /apps one, so i suppose that HBL was scanning a lot of files.

Tried again with wiiubru and it works like a charm @pwsincd

Inviato dal mio LG-H955 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by fixx1983,
Reactions: pwsincd and troylly

artpirat

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to get it working on 5.1.0 but I'm getting an error when I try to start the exploit. I'm hosting the files on my server, the Wii U Browser opens the correct .html (payload500.html) but then a small window appears "Object not found". Am I missing something?

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to get it working on 5.1.0 but I'm getting an error when I try to start the exploit. I'm hosting the files on my server, the Wii U Browser opens the correct .html (payload500.html) but then a small window appears "Object not found". Am I missing something?
get frame.html from the definitive package's kexploit folder (or any other location, this file never changes) and put it near your payload500.html

Reactions: artpirat and KiiWii

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get frame.html from the definitive package's kexploit folder (or any other location, this file never changes) and put it near your payload500.html
Ok i updated the package on the release page to include that file:
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v1.2_RC1

Sorry I must have missed it.

EDIT:
Is it possible to port NNUS patcher (to access eShop) to HBL
that would be awesome

https://github.com/FIX94/nnu-patcher
Yes it is possible and can be done very quick actually. I dont have the time for it right now. Maybe some other time.

@dimok i've solved the mistery of the stuck.
The guy copied the whole /games folder into the /apps one, so i suppose that HBL was scanning a lot of files.

Tried again with wiiubru and it works like a charm @pwsincd

Inviato dal mio LG-H955 utilizzando Tapatalk
Ok yeah the FSReadDir function from Nintendos FS libs is not very performent and HBL scans all sub directories.

I have 1 issue with loadiine: custom bgmusic has not worked for me on the latest commits, used to work up to the nightlies on your GitHub. Any thoughts?
Also can HBL have custom music too?
Yeah you can replace HBL music too if you put a file named into hbl path "wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/resources/bgMusic.ogg". The file does not have to be OGG format. It can be an MP3. Just the name has to be like that. About the loadiine issue please report on the loadiine thread or github. Some other people might look into it too.

Last edited by dimok,

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a little update to my issue, I received my 64GB st card over the weekend so I started fresh on it and removed my webserver folders and started fresh there too.

The issue is now fixed, I think I know what had happened.
Ok
As dimok suggested, I was running rc1 payload on 1.1 elf. I didn't realise it until after I did my new sd card, because I played with the folder names and then it clicked.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Only 666 dollars for 24TBs lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two of these half the price Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB Internal Hard Drive Performance HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop (ST12000DM0007) (Renewed) https://a.co/d/cpVKNo1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    *Renewed. I don't like or trust "renewed, refurbished, reconditioned" anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I renewed your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Renewed is like following Psi around on his dates, then when he done doing the deed, he taps me in without her cleaning up first, no thanks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not being renewed that's unlocking more medical bills from stds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I just don't trust em for data. Maybe a used(renewed) car or something be ok tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like my girls like my car made in 2000
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like my products new, not buying a box of condoms (renewed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You already learned from buying used condoms from the first kid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tyrone said it was barley used
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wonder whatever happened to that ownage pranks guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I dont know why people hate on Starfield, I think its dope. I didn't play it day one, only started it couple weeks ago so maybe they fixed issues with updates already.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft could release a poop simulator and people will say it's shit
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hold up hooolddd uuupppp, we're less than a week from PM:TTYD releasing and it has not leaked yet? :o Miracles do still exist in this dystopia 🤣
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True. People hated on Fallout 76 at first also, but they still have huge numbers playing online.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not all of them, but yea many.