• Total voters

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logo.png

This thread is simply related to HiyaCFW. You're free to discuss any related things or questions here if you want while we are still waiting for its release.
WAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT HOLD ON. Is this a legitimate CFW for the DSi? What is this?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
guys, nintendo can make a new update after this?

lol they already did. It's called 1.4.1 and it's been out for years. This CFW and the exploit it runs off of was already patched in 1.4.1. (last FW version to come out for DSi was 1.4.5). Plus this console is long been in the end of life category so Nintendo isn't going to retroactively go back and patch this out. (and as i said, they already did in 1.4.1+ FWs anyways)

Reactions: KiiWii

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
lol they already did. It's called 1.4.1 and it's been out for years. This CFW and the exploit it runs off of was already patched in 1.4.1. (last FW version to come out for DSi was 1.4.5). Plus this console is long been in the end of life category so Nintendo isn't going to retroactively go back and patch this out. (and as i said, they already did in 1.4.1+ FWs anyways)
apache i say this cuz nintendo make another new update few days to the WiiU...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
apache i say this cuz nintendo make another new update few days to the WiiU...

Lol big difference. Wii-U has only been considered "dead" for like less then a year. The DSI has been a dead console since like 2014 or so? I forget when the 3DS first came out but it was maybe a year or so after that that the DSi stopped getting support from Nintendo.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: siamese and eduall

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
As in ROM edits/hacks, since we can install our own titles
that would be cool, something like mario vs donkey kong custom levels or even 4swords custom dungeons
Not to mention we could have SCFG arm7 unlocked and TWL clockspeeds, something that flashcards could not do by its own.
As well as homebrew instantly accessible on the DSi Menu. We could probably even make our own DSi Virtual Console based off forks of emulators for DS, but more on that later.

WAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT HOLD ON. Is this a legitimate CFW for the DSi? What is this?
Yes, it is a CFW, the first one for DSi, in particular. Watch the videos by @Apache Thunder and you'll understand what this is.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just gonna live this here
appearently our patched Launcher doesn't even require tickets be installed for apps, so we just have to make a simple TMD and the apps just shows up and works. :P

(Don't forget we also have SD redirect working so it's super easy to install new apps and doesn't involve modifying nand and having to deal with it's crypto. :P)

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't really know that much of the DS homebrew scene but what does this have over a flashcart? Like I know one you have to pay for the other you don't, and that you can launch the game directly, but you have to go to the hbmenu so that doesn't really matter much right?
There are also some games with DSi enhanced features like I believe Pokemon Black/White 2 supported online WFC connection through WPA. Other features were the use of the camera and maybe some took advantage of the higher clock speed. There are lists online about games with enhancements. There's a surprising amount of games actually.

You guys are really coming up with some crazy neat ideas for DSi cfw :grog:

Edit: Found a list that covers a lot. Most of the games utilize the camera in different ways, but there's Sonic Classics Collection that has better emulation for example.
http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/pdrydia/DSi-enhanced-titles-an-incomplete-list-1969.php

Last edited by Zense,

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
As well as homebrew instantly accessible on the DSi Menu. We could probably even make our own DSi Virtual Console based off forks of emulators for DS, but more on that later.
I made a few "NES Virtual Console for DSi" titles like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Megaman, Megaman 3, TMNT II, Metroid and TLOZ using the NesDS-Mass-ROM-Builder
I even made some icons for them, but I'm having problems with transparency since it needs to be a .bmp file and i used lots of black, but black in .bmp is transparent

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I made a few "NES Virtual Console for DSi" titles like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Megaman, Megaman 3, TMNT II, Metroid and TLOZ using the NesDS-Mass-ROM-Builder
I even made some icons for them, but I'm having problems with transparency since it needs to be a .bmp file and i used lots of black, but black in .bmp is transparent
For me, I'm thinking about getting a group of people to make forks out of emulators for DS with a new custom 3DS VC-style interface. I will post concept screenshots later.
Also, where did you install your NES titles?

Reactions: MyDePain

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For me, I'm thinking about getting a group of people to make forks out of emulators for DS with a new custom 3DS VC-style interface. I will post concept screenshots later.
Also, where did you install your NES titles?
i just tested them with an r4 and with haxxstation, works fine on dsi using haxxstation and apache thunder showed custom dsiware so you'll probbably be able to just install these roms onto your dsi
also someone should make an interface for the nesds or any other emulator that we have quicksaves when you touch the touchscreen

Last edited by firke_the_one,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think fake VC on DSi is a good idea since the title limit on DSi Menu is very low, you should stick on a custom menu like SRLoader if you want fake VC games.

Reactions: CatmanFan

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think fake VC on DSi is a good idea since the title limit on DSi Menu is very low, you should stick on a custom menu like SRLoader if you want fake VC games.
hiyacfw will launch a custom launcher directly from the sd card, so if you have a 64gb sd card like me, you won't have any problems (also custom vc i made is only a few megabytes)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither