Hacking Hitching in cutscenes and music

jereb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to run my backups off of an 8GB pen drive and had no problems, but since then I've upgraded to a 1TB WD Elements hard drive for the extra space. However, when running backups off the HDD I've noticed that there is an occasional "hitching" in cutscenes and in music. To be a little more specific, the hitching is a slight pause, maybe about a second, that occurs once every little while. The frequency seems to depend on what it is that is playing. A few places I've noticed it happening: the intro video for Sonic Colors, the intro video for Metal Slug Anthology, the track preview videos in Mario Kart Wii, and the music in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Those are just the only games I've seen it in so far, but I'm sure there are probably more.

It's not deal-breaking by any means, but it is annoying and I'd rather get rid of it if at all possible. Where would I even start looking on how to solve this? The HDD is in two partitions, a FAT32 and an NTFS, the former of which being the one I'm loading the games from. I'm pretty sure I set it to 32kb clusters when I was formatting it.

Might the CIOS revisions that I'm using be responsible for the problem? If so, what should I try changing them to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30