Hacking Hiding emunand on SD card by removing exFAT drivers?

laurenz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I have an emunand on my SD card from which I do my usual business. Now sometimes I would like to play some online games on my OFW as well, but I am always paranoid that big N can read the contents of the SD card and ban me. So right now I always remove the SD card before doing any online business. Now since my SD card is exFAT formatted I was wondering whether I could sneakily use ChoiDuJour somehow and install a firmware without exFAT drivers. That way the SD card can simply not be read I suppose and I don't have to bother removing my card. Anyone knows if this even possible or wise at all?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Stop being paranoid.
1. It's not legal without your consent.
2. Having files on your SD does not prove anything (unless they can read their content which is, once again, illegal).
Also, you cant uninstall any updates (officially).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Paranoia is good in this instance and I actually think this is a great idea. I would much rather see over-emphasis than a lack of emphasis or concern.

As the saying goes, better safe than sorry. Corporations are constantly caught breaking the law so that is not an argument that persuades me.

The question is - how do we allow for booting exfat if exfat support has been removed? Seems like that would need a special payload or an additional layer added to support that option and I'm not sure whether a talented individual will be willing to put in the work needed to make this possible.

Kubas is not wrong, and we don't have any evidence to support the theory that ninty will ban based on ad content, so it's a lower priority issue.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Paranoia is good in this instance and I actually think this is a great idea. I would much rather see over-emphasis than a lack of emphasis or concern.

As the saying goes, better safe than sorry. Corporations are constantly caught breaking the law so that is not an argument that persuades me.

The question is - how do we allow for booting exfat if exfat support has been removed? Seems like that would need a special payload or an additional layer added to support that option and I'm not sure whether a talented individual will be willing to put in the work needed to make this possible.

Kubas is not wrong, and we don't have any evidence to support the theory that ninty will ban based on ad content, so it's a lower priority issue.
You boot emunand.

Reactions: iriez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: Hello +1