Gaming Hide your wallets! Steam Summer Sale has begun!!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I just need to decide if I want more games :rofl2:

Crysis looks tempting (as the Maximum Edition's $14 right now), but I've only played the demo, so I wonder how my desktop would handle it...Heck, is it even worth buying the first game?:P Should I get the $14 edition or the standalone for $9?

Specs

CPU Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570
GPU MSI GeForce 660 GTX
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM PC 1333
OS - Windows 7 64-bit pro

That should be more than enough for the game at medium/high, right?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now I just need to decide if I want more games :rofl2:

Crysis looks tempting (as the Maximum Edition's $14 right now), but I've only played the demo, so I wonder how my desktop would handle it...Heck, is it even worth buying the first game?:P Should I get the $14 edition or the standalone for $9?

Specs

CPU Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570
GPU MSI GeForce 660 GTX
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM PC 1333
OS - Windows 7 64-bit pro

That should be more than enough for the game at medium/high, right?
You're PC won't have any problem with high I think. Furthermore, I would suggest waiting until it's flash sale or daily deal or whatever, because I think -50% is not the lowest that it'll get. Also, I can currently get you the game for 13 USD, instead of 14 USD (atm) ;)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your PC won't have any problem with high I think. Furthermore, I would suggest waiting until it's flash sale or daily deal or whatever, because I think -50% is not the lowest that it'll get. Also, I can currently get you the game for 13 USD, instead of 14 USD (atm) ;)

Nice! Glad to know my machine can handle it. My question is, would you recommend it (granted, I'm not the biggest FPS nut out there, but I do want to get the game a try). How is it you can do it for $13? Now you've got me curious :P I doubt my machine can handle the 3rd one in the series though. But I should probably wait and see if it gets lower....?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice! Glad to know my machine can handle it. My question is, would you recommend it (granted, I'm not the biggest FPS nut out there, but I do want to get the game a try). How is it you can do it for $13? Now you've got me curious :P I doubt my machine can handle the 3rd one in the series though. But I should probably wait and see if it gets lower....?
Check my sig. I haven't played the game, just look at some Youtube videos and you can decide if you'll like it or not :) I think you can handle the 3rd one too, it's only Crysis 1 that was REALLY hard to run at the time. The 2nd and 3rd are way more optimized/lower requirements.

Reactions: the_randomizer

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone understand how these sales work? Specifically, if you should purchase a game the moment it's on sale or wait it out and see if the price drops a bit more... What do you guysl think?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check my sig. I haven't played the game, just look at some Youtube videos and you can decide if you'll like it or not :) I think you can handle the 3rd one too, it's only Crysis 1 that was REALLY hard to run at the time. The 2nd and 3rd are way more optimized/lower requirements.

Thanks! I'll take a look at that!

Does anyone understand how these sales work? Specifically, if you should purchase a game the moment it's on sale or wait it out and see if the price drops a bit more... What do you guysl think?

Yeah, some games can get insane deals as time goes on during the sale :D

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why do you do this to me steam?

WHY! DAMMIT?

10648_10151754557097089_1243592152_n.jpg

Reactions: Satangel

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly, I'd recommend Crysis without a doubt.
Also, why must I buy so much games that bring me childhood mermories? First Duke Nukem MP, now Ghost Master, Postal 2, and Alien Shooter :d

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crysis is an awesome FPS, i would definitely recommend the game.

You'll enjoy the game if you decide to purchase.

I did hear the single-player campaign is kinda short (plus there's a collection you can buy), is that true? There this and the Mass Effect franchise. Dang you Steam, must you make me want everything?!

Exactly, I'd recommend Crysis without a doubt.

Also, why must I buy so much games that bring me childhood mermories? First Duke Nukem MP, now
Ghost Master, Postal 2, and Alien Shooter :d

The only real concern is that I'm primarily and RPG/Action adventure kinda dude, so I don't know how I'd react to an FPS, I hope they're not too short :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say after completion of the game i thought it was a short game.

Collection? I'm assuming you mean Crysis 1 & 2, iirc, Steam does usually have both games to purchase as a bundle.

How many hours would you say it lasted? I'm torn between this bundle and the Mass Effect bundle on Steam. Damn you Steam! You make everything look so tempting! :rofl2: I've no doubts my PC can run those games just fine though. My only real concern is the lack of being able to hook my desktop to Ethernet (too far away), the wireless here is hilariously bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ