lagonauta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone!

I am using this thread to announce my new project, an unofficial HID to VPAD network client focused on being used through the command line! Especially made to be used with a headless RPi4.
It is not as full featured as the official client, but should be good enough for most people.

You can download it from here. More information on the README.

Why now?

I got some new controllers and wanted to use them on my WiiU as I got back to playing it, however I did not want to keep my computer turned on. As my RPi is always online, connected through an ethernet cable, and is near my WiiU, it is the perfect alternative. But there is a problem... the official client uses a lot of memory and (seems to) require a graphical interface to run. Not ideal in a RPi.

Some features:
- Predictable latency
- Configurable controller polling rate
- Low memory footprint (usually less than 2MB)
- Easy to use
- No need to add new mappings on the WiiU, even for new controllers.

I hope someone also find it useful, Mario Kart 8 is great on an Xbox Series controller :yayone:
My WiiU is connected through WiFi and my RPi through ethernet, I am sensitive to latency and did not noticed any. Try it out ^_^

lagonauta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't tried as I don't have one, but certainly not as is.
Someone would need to compile it for the Pico, shouldn't be too difficult thanks to how rust (the programming language) works but someone still have to do it.

Trophies
XP
Does it work for the raspberry pico?

Try it and see.

It obviously supports RPi, supported by the fact the OP states their usage of it on theirs, and the README which clarifies its low memory usage in deployments such as an RPi.

There are precompiled binaries in the releases section. Just grab the arm binary, and run it via CLI (assuming the format works for it). Worst-case scenario, you'd need to compile it yourself.

I personally don't have a Pico, but it works on my other Pi devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017