Hey guys, long time no see. Any iOS hackers around here?

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so I'm working on a secret project but my knowledge of the iPhone/iPad operating system is very limited, so I need a partner or 2, ones that can help with the iOS half of the task.

I understand that iOS is a very secure, very sandboxed environment as well, and the only way around that is a jailbroken device, which I'm still unsure about if I personally want to go through with, so having a device with this already done would be very helpful.

I don't expect you to just give up all your free time to volunteer on this project either, but if any of you do have time to spare, I'd be really grateful.

What your job would be (and me if I can help at all) is to help me find how a certain app stores a specific type of data, as I would like to modify this data myself.

If any of you are interested, know someone who is, or can at least point me in somewhat of the right direction, that would be appreciated :)

Last edited by warspyking,

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what's the secret project? we won't tell anyone :) good luck

I'm not so much afraid of someone telling people about it, as much as someone coming across the thread and doing it first. Wouldn't want to get the idea ripped out from under me, y'know.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so it's an app, or a tweak?
anyway, i think it's possible to jailbreak the ios emulator that xcode uses, so you can play around in that if you want, depending on what your idea is!

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so it's an app, or a tweak?
anyway, i think it's possible to jailbreak the ios emulator that xcode uses, so you can play around in that if you want, depending on what your idea is!

Kindof both. The data I want to modify makes up a substantial amount of the app, once changed to my desires it could be considered an entirely different application. If you want more information we can talk in private, I would really like to avoid posting the idea publicly however.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i have only done a little ios stuff and my mac is out of action at the moment so i can't really help
but good luck!

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I can take apps apart. If you tell me the name of an app, I can send you all its resources in a zip, including all the libraries and machine codes. Does that help?

peps96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I would really like to partecipate in, of course because it's a secret project I can't exactly say if I will be good enough for that.
I'm quite good at Python (I'm studying it hard) and I also know something about jailbreak and how IPA file is made.
If your tasks are too complex for me i will immediately tell to you and i will not make you loose your time.
I'm not going to ask you what the project is about (at the beginning).

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I would really like to participate in, of course because it's a secret project I can't exactly say if I will be good enough for that.
I'm quite good at Python (I'm studying it hard) and I also know something about jailbreak and how IPA file is made.
If your tasks are too complex for me i will immediately tell to you and i will not make you loose your time.
I'm not going to ask you what the project is about (at the beginning).

Sounds good, I'll contact you once osm70 gets back to me

Reactions: peps96

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: osm70 successfully extracted all of the app data, but I need help figuring out the formats of the data inside, and how I can modify them. If anybody can help with this lemme know and I'll invite you to the chatzy server :)

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
**Update:** Yeah no progress has been made, I need someone who is capable of helping me decompile the code in the app so I can find out how the program interprets the files I wish to change. It would be helpful if someone here knew how to do that and could help me find the source code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT