Heroes Of Newerth Beta - Holiday Registration Open

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a pretty good game, but I prefer LeagueofLegends.com. Also a Dota-style game, made from the originals creators of Dota.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, not a free beta? I just tried to sign up but it's asking me for credit cards and stuff. I guess I'll pass
frown.gif

EDIT: Wait, nevermind >_< . It was asking me if I wanted to preorder an account. I'll give this a go until it's over.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's a friendly warning: The community for this game was voted as the worst MMO community in 2009. So make sure you know how to play the game before playing it. Go to the forums and follow the tutorials. There's no tutorials in-game. Good Luck!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
SHIT. its turned off for my geographical region

okay, i used a proxy,

OMG TNX!

lulz. i was desperate for a beta key

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
what kind of genre is it? is it perfect world or grand fantasia or warcraft or (lol) runescape (which i still think is a good game)?
i dont think graphics should be too much of a worrying point for games but infact the diversity of things to do should be the interesting point in the game

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a DotA based game.

yep, they made a brand new genre for it.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a Dota game. It doesn't really have a genre. If I really had to choose one I would say a combination between strategy and RPG, but that doesn't really do it justice. If you've played Demigod, it's like that. If not, watch this:

Quick look- Heroes of Newerth

The player isn't really paying attention, but it shows how the game works.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend told me about it yesterday. I'm not a big DoTA fan but I'll give it a try. I like DoTA but its way too far for me to catch up. I rather start fresh with either League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth.

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They call the budding genre "MOBA" Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.

Played HoN a bit, prefer LoL, mainly because I kinda suck and in LoL when you suck you get paired with and against other people who suck automatically by the matchmaker. In HON you have to join a game in a battlenet style room, and there even in the games marked as "noobs only" you will get treated like utter excrement if you do not already know basically everything about the game.

HoN is more like dota, if you played the original mod... it's basically dota 2.0.

LoL is kinda an evolution, more like DOTAlite but with more fun and less encyclopedic knowledge of items and champions needed..

HON is the PS3, LoL is the Wii.

If you are an old DOTA player, know what you are doing and are looking for a high competetion game, go HoN.

If you are new to the genre and looking to cut your teeth, go LoL till you get good, then move to HoN for higher level play (never admit you played LoL, they will treat you like a leper).

If you are just looking for fun and to get your toes wet with the new genre, go LoL.

LoL's community is mean, evil, and unforgiving of mistakes too, that is just the way it is in this line of gaming, but they are 10x nicer to newcomers then HoN or DOTA's existing communities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to