Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

TheDudeWatches

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Some tool to trick the PSTV into thinking it’s a Vita in portrait mode.

The reason I’m asking is that Pinball Arcade (PCSE00065) looks stunning on a Vita in portrait mode but doesn’t have a dedicated setting and relies on the device being physically rotated 90 degrees.

Didn’t have any luck with a DS4 and various tools (reVita, DS34Motion) on the PSTV.

Really do hope someone enthusiastic about pinball picks this up. TIA.

BeetleGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are android ports allowed here? Wanted to bring attention to one that's seemingly been put on the wayside for a while, PVZ2. The only reason it hasn't realy been expanded on is probably because of having to connect to EA servers, but the modding community for the game clearly shows that you don't need to connect to EA servers to play it, so it's probably possible.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Are android ports allowed here? Wanted to bring attention to one that's seemingly been put on the wayside for a while, PVZ2. The only reason it hasn't realy been expanded on is probably because of having to connect to EA servers, but the modding community for the game clearly shows that you don't need to connect to EA servers to play it, so it's probably possible.
Porting a game would require its source code, and I doubt Plants Vs. Zombies 2 is open-source.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Looks like a remake, not a port. Also, that's PVZ1, not 2.
Note the point - point is, people have used the word "port" very liberally, and I was merely giving that one as an example - someone who cares enough can and will make it, I suppose. We needn't be limited to actual ports, as the homebrew community has proven again and again.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Note the point - point is, people have used the word "port" very liberally, and I was merely giving that one as an example - someone who cares enough can and will make it, I suppose. We needn't be limited to actual ports, as the homebrew community has proven again and again.
Oh, sure thing. Anyone could create a remake—it just wouldn't be a port.
If anyone's willing to recreate PVZ2 from the ground-up, good luck.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, sure thing. Anyone could create a remake—it just wouldn't be a port.
If anyone's willing to recreate PVZ2 from the ground-up, good luck.
Well, someone felt like it for the first one, so hey.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hecker_isaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a gamecube emulator? concidering it can emulate N64 i think it would be possable. it could easily share most of the same source code as dolphin, which in that case Wii emulation could be possable aswell! also i think u forgot to put Nds emulation. its not very pratical with only one screen but it is easily emulated on the psp so the psvita will have no problem.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe a gamecube emulator? concidering it can emulate N64 i think it would be possable. it could easily share most of the same source code as dolphin, which in that case Wii emulation could be possable aswell! also i think u forgot to put Nds emulation. its not very pratical with only one screen but it is easily emulated on the psp so the psvita will have no problem.
no way lmao

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gonna say this, whats the point of making an emulator for a system if its not powerful enough to run the emulator at full speed?

Reactions: Raylight

someone-

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This was already requested on VPS, but i'd like to post here as well. Killzone Mercenary - Private Servers (revival project).

I can't post the link here, sadly. But the site is called Vita Projects Suggestion (VPS).

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Project M version of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale with the dlc characters that were promised but were never released. Also confirmation of a Paper Mario port seeing the decomp is at 100%.

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,

meku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C-Dogs SDL (can't link github - google it) is an old open-source freeware game that has been around since DOS and has been ported to dozens of platforms over the years. I AM OFFERING PAYMENT IN ORDER FOR A VITA PORT TO BE DONE QUICKLY. I think a fair price is $15, as the game is open-source and based on SDL, which has been ported to the Vita already, as well as the game having a prior PSP port, so I don't think there would be any significant amount of work involved, but the price is negotiable if you don't think it's fair of if there is more work than expected.
I'm interested in a quick, one-time payment over PayPal after either proof of progress or knowing that you are an experienced homebrew dev who can handle stuff like this. I may be interested in ordering other ports of open-source projects in the future and forming a repeat customer relationship.
6ee4f273-6ea6-450d-a2c0-a8136782ec12.png

Last edited by meku,

Vocaloraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe can someone port under night in-birth exe late cl-r? It's basically the same structure as under night in birth exe late which is already on the Psvita.
And maybe under night in birth 2 sys celes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1