HELP!!

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread kind of smells like a trap to me, kind of like how Nintendo put lawyers in the Yuzu Discord to talk about pirating games in order to levy a case against the developers. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but the cascade of events that leads to needing a link on this forum to a CTRNAND copy just seems a bit over the top.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@anotherthing Since linking to copyrighted content is prohibited on this forum I don't see any risk here.

Restoring a software damaged device is a good thing and current copyright laws are plain bad in this regard.

That said, everybody is on their own searching up stuff. Nintendo shall sue Google for indexing sites and helping piracy. Only good things could come from such a case. :creep:

Somebody should upload a file of the correct size named ctrtransfer.zip for the lawyers -- but containing Trollface images instead of Nintendo content.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThreeSD it is. All it requires is a Citra installation, Citra doesn't even need to run well.
You don't even need a Citra installation if you plan on restoring the save data to another 3DS.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/restore-save-data-from-dead-3ds-2ds.606907/

And if you're restoring the save data to the same 3DS without doing a System Format first, you don't even need threeSD, really; the encryption isn't changing in that case, and threeSD is only necessary for decryption.

Reactions: anotherthing

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring a software damaged device is a good thing and current copyright laws are plain bad in this regard.
You know more about this than I do, but can you tell me how you can just go through and delete stuff blindly from the Home Screen which results in a screwed up the NAND? I think the story is fairly fishy, but if there is a way to do it, I'd like to know so that I don't make that mistake in the future.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but can you tell me how you can just go through and delete stuff blindly from the Home Screen which results in a screwed up the NAND? I think the story is fairly fishy, but if there is a way to do it, I'd like to know so that I don't make that mistake in the future.
That was already explained in the OP. It's not the first time someone's gone deleting things in FBI that they shouldn't.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help so I was on FBI and I was on the one of the things that had all the apps from all the all the sources on the 3DS, so I started deleting some of the 3DS apps and games I didn't want, then I got a good rhythm of pressing buttons then my mom started talking about something I don't remember was it was, I was paying attention to her while pressing the buttons, it was about 15 minute talk when I looked down on my 3DS almost everything was gone only things that were left was some of the numbered thing and a few homebrew apps so I panicked and I tried to turn the 3DS off to see if it went back to normal but when it turned on it stayed on a black screen PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!! I had this 3DS for YEARS I AM LITERARY CRYING RIGHT NOW, this modded 3DS meant THE WORLD TO ME maybe can someone give a copy of your nand from their SD card to me I CANT LET THIS 3DS DIE!! I HAD SO MUCH GOOD MEMORIES WITH THIS THING HELP!! HELP!!
Ohh, man; that bites. I feel your pain. I lost my original Wii U's data by using an improperly-powered USB hub (it was a cheap hub I got from Goodwill... should've known better, I guess), so yeah, I know about data loss. From what it sounds like, your stuff is just gone forever. I'm sorry for you. 😔

You might want to take a moment to mourn over your loss before continuing.

...There. Feel better? Let's continue.

While I don't think anybody can recover your lost data for you (saves, etc.), the good news is that you can probably still recover your 3DS if you've taken the appropriate measures to have it boot into something else. I don't know how FBI works, as I've never modded my 3DS, but I can't imagine there isn't some kind of recovery software that wouldn't recover your hard-bricked 3DS. Make sure to do plenty of research; also, I think some folks here have already offered some solutions to your problem.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the story is fairly fishy
Don't you think the Nintendo lawyers can come up with a consistent story? ;)
=========

You are right about the normal Data Management – It can just remove stuff from Home Menu. It doesn't show or even delete system titles. The OS may not commit suicide on unmodified consoles since there is no (intended) way of reinstalling the OS

FBI on the other hand allows deleting all titles. This includes Home Menu. Guess what happens when you remove it.
I would go as far as saying FBI is a bit dangerous and careless in this regard: It doesn't give explicit, red warnings like GodMode9 does before doing potentially bad things. Well. System titles are marked in red; many don't have a name (and some people concluded these were broken titles and removed them just because of that).

I'd like to know so that I don't make that mistake in the future.
More or less everything you can mess up can be repaired by NAND restoration; so keep a known good backup on multiple media.
Biggest mistake is no backup.
Next thing to avoid is modfiying NSCD header and/or FIRM partitions with the hexeditor

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Kwyjor and splaca

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI on the other hand allows deleting all titles. This includes Home Menu. Guess what happens when you remove it.
I would go as far as saying FBI is a bit dangerous and careless in this regard: It doesn't give explicit, red warnings like GodMode9 does before doing potentially bad things. Well. System titles are marked in red; many don't have a name (and some people concluded these were broken titles and removed them just because of that).
Wow. That is pretty crazy. I mainly just use the 3DS Data Management in the system settings to remove titles. I didn't know FBI allowed you to remove the Home Menu. That's pretty crazy.

More or less everything you can mess up can be repaired by NAND restoration; so keep a known good backup on multiple media.
Biggest mistake is no backup.
I have backups of all my xDS consoles. Some of them have multiple backups in folders named with the date of the backup. All my system SD cards are backed up. All the SD cards from my flash cartridges are backed up regularly. Everything is sorted by folders named with the data of backup. I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to backing stuff up.

Reactions: PocketmonStar7

Olimar101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up. There is no hope to be found and there wont be any
Post automatically merged:

I got a question can you use JUST the CTRTransfer D90 .TXT by itself or do you need both CTRTransfer and CTRTransfer D90 for in order for it to work because I only got the CTRTransfer D90 .TXT and I don't have the regular file

I got a question can you use JUST the CTRTransfer D90 by itself or do you need both CTRTransfer and CTRTransfer D90 for in order for it to work because I only got the CTRTransfer D90 and I don't have the regular file

Last edited by Olimar101,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're not the first person who's ever done something like this. There's only no hope if you can't follow instructions and clearly describe your problem and what you are doing. Maybe you should consider asking someone with slightly more experience to fix your unit.

I got a question can you use JUST the CTRTransfer D90 .TXT by itself or do you need both CTRTransfer and CTRTransfer D90 for in order for it to work because I only got the CTRTransfer D90 .TXT and I don't have the regular file
See, I have no idea what you're referring to and what you expect those files to do.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Olimar101 i sent you a private message i might have a way to fix your 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed