HELP!!

Olimar101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help so I was on FBI and I was on the one of the things that had all the apps from all the all the sources on the 3DS, so I started deleting some of the 3DS apps and games I didn't want, then I got a good rhythm of pressing buttons then my mom started talking about something I don't remember was it was, I was paying attention to her while pressing the buttons, it was about 15 minute talk when I looked down on my 3DS almost everything was gone only things that were left was some of the numbered thing and a few homebrew apps so I panicked and I tried to turn the 3DS off to see if it went back to normal but when it turned on it stayed on a black screen PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!! I had this 3DS for YEARS I AM LITERARY CRYING RIGHT NOW, this modded 3DS meant THE WORLD TO ME maybe can someone give a copy of your nand from their SD card to me I CANT LET THIS 3DS DIE!! I HAD SO MUCH GOOD MEMORIES WITH THIS THING HELP!! HELP!!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you took a NAND dump and have boot9strap (or whatever the one that happens on boot is called... it's been a while...) then you should just be able to use the GodMode9 homebrew to restore it. Fairly sure that should work fine even if you destroyed the rest of the system.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DTApple

"I'm a trendy tote bag!"
Trophies
Website
dtapple.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I can sympathize with your situation. So let's try to fix it. First, please be aware that I am not well-versed in 3DS homebrew. Please take my words with a few grains of salt.
If you have a NAND backup, you should be able to restore it from GodMode9, with instructions here.

If you don't have a NAND backup, try a CTRtransfer, with instructions here. Hope this helps! Good luck! (o゚v゚)ノ

Olimar101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant download the files because my little brother broke my laptop, he threw it against the wall and started jumping on it, so it's completely shattered l and I am using his school Chromebook and everybody knows that schools block EVERY WEBSITE and the 3DS Hacks Guide website is blocked and categorized as "security.warez. I can't do GitHub because it says "it is on a custom block list.". I can't do MediaFire too because it is categorized as "security.proxy." Can someone share a link that isn't these 3 sites. I really want my 3DS back and working again and I don't want to do a lot of work to do so.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant download the files because my little brother broke my laptop, he threw it against the wall and started jumping on it, so it's completely shattered l and I am using his school Chromebook and everybody knows that schools block EVERY WEBSITE and the 3DS Hacks Guide website is blocked and categorized as "security.warez. I can't do GitHub because it says "it is on a custom block list.". I can't do MediaFire too because it is categorized as "security.proxy." Can someone share a link that isn't these 3 sites. I really want my 3DS back and working again and I don't want to do a lot of work to do so.
Seeing as the files your asking for are all copyright. You are kinda outta luck. Better hope you can get a hold of a better pc or laptop and not some school bs thing.

Reactions: Hayato213

Krakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can probably bypass the school's security system by using custom DNS settings. Try setting 8.8.8.8 as your primary and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary. Pretty much everything you're gonna be looking for is gonna be on those websites.

Do you not have another laptop or mobile phone? If you can't figure out a way to get past the restrictions on a Chromebook, try accessing these websites and guides through an unrestricted device.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really shouldn't use school devices for modding purposes. It's very difficult and often counterintuitive. You'll need a PC or laptop that's not under a school network. Different school networks operate differently so there's no way for us to tell what works and what doesn't. You're going to have to do that yourself.
Post automatically merged:

You can probably bypass the school's security system by using custom DNS settings. Try setting 8.8.8.8 as your primary and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary. Pretty much everything you're gonna be looking for is gonna be on those websites.
Please don't give directions on how to circumvent school restrictions on school-owned devices. That can get people in trouble.
This wouldn't work anyway, because the security systems are usually embedded into the devices themselves.

Reactions: Mythrandir

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, since you REALLY need to read the guide as well so you don't mess up more

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You could always use a proxy/VPN.
I can sympathize with your situation. So let's try to fix it. First, please be aware that I am not well-versed in 3DS homebrew. Please take my words with a few grains of salt.
If you have a NAND backup, you should be able to restore it from GodMode9, with instructions here.

If you don't have a NAND backup, try a CTRtransfer, with instructions here. Hope this helps! Good luck! (o゚v゚)ノ
ctrtransfer is a good idea and if that fails, then ctrtransfer (Type D9) which is a more thorough ctrtransfer, can fix some issues that a normal ctrtransfer can't.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This wouldn't work anyway, because the security systems are usually embedded into the devices themselves.
This is true. Chromebooks have hardware in them that restricts things. My stepson got one from a school auction and we tried putting an OS on it that allowed more functionality, and it wasn't easy at all. There's a screw in there that has to be removed to unlock it, if I remember right. Anyway, we ended up scrapping it.

Olimar101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, since you REALLY need to read the guide as well so you don't mess up more
I already read the guide from a proxy I was using, I could download FBI faketick, and Godmode9 but I couldn't download the ctrtransfer file that's why I am asking for someone to send me a link with the file, I use a new 3ds by the way

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already read the guide from a proxy I was using, I could download FBI faketick, and Godmode9 but I couldn't download the ctrtransfer file that's why I am asking for someone to send me a link with the file, I use a new 3ds by the way

You can torrent those ctrtransfer image.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They cannot be shared here

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also recommend, before you do anything, to back up your save data. You should still be able to access the homebrew launcher, right? Backup your save data to the SD card. Depending on the apps, it might be possible to also get donor system apps. If that doesn't work, I once used a program called ThreeSD to copy my save data to a Citra installation and then restored it.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mistakes happen and that is what backups are for. You could try booting into safe mode A+R+L+Up(DPad) on power on for official update. Question is if the needed part of System Settings and save mode FIRM are still there.
========

Copyright is sometimes stupid when it stops legitimate users from recovering their device. In the end it shouldn't be too hard to type CTRTransfer into the internet archive.

You should still be able to access the homebrew launcher, right?
Nope. Home Menu doesn't load from the description. Official OS is trashed and needs to be repaired.

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Home Menu doesn't load from the description. Official OS is trashed and needs to be repaired.
ThreeSD it is. All it requires is a Citra installation, Citra doesn't even need to run well. You can import the Save Data and reinstall everything. GM9 could also help with restoring stuff.

I'm assuming they don't have a NAND backup, which would fix everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto