Hacking Help with WUP created with NUSPacker not installing?

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, finally got NUSPacker to put my file together, everything seems correct with it, including the meta.xml. However, once I try to install it I am greeted with error FFFBF442 in Wup installer mod y. I am installing after running the IOSU fw.img, am on sysnand, attempting to install to USB. Has anyone actually gotten one of these custom packs to install yet? Any pointers would be appreciated!

D

Deleted User

Does the firmware image you're using support signature patches?

That's all I can think of, I haven't even used WUPInstaller once yet (never needed to) so I wouldn't know from experience what that error code means.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hints:
- try not to use ddd dumps (because of possible/probable errors in .xml files); download title from NUS, unpack it and repack with NUSPacker; if title has not a released key you are out of luck.
- if you have problems packing titles (not your case) check if in \code folder there are some "extra" files created by emulators if you used some (ex. crashlog txt files for CEMU).
- as already said, you need a fw.img with recent patches (dimok's latest one is the right one).

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm not too sure how "recent" mine is. I know I was able to install some eshop and vc titles just fine so sigchecks seem to be patched...

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
See if you put correctly the Title ID and Title Key in NUSPacker, and have "official" app,cos and meta.xml because I tried to install HBC (directly without haxchi or any exploit) and it gave me this error, usually it's if one of your .app or .h3 files its 0K, and if the title.tik its for your region, I invented a title ID and a Title key but gave me this error, Nintendo make each title ID with a motive, maybe they register they in a site..
Bye!

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything should be more or less official. Although I did change the title ID. I tried again and just tried to "spoof" the title id to something else (Yoshi Touch and go, rather than the Yoshis Island with Spirit Tracks injected that it really is...) and it still wouldn't install, so it is more than just the app.xml and meta.xml...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work