Help with softmod

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i had my xbox pal moded with unleached enigmah or whatever, then i was installing some dlcs for some games and one had like a wierd thing and took me to xbox live trying to connect and got error obviusly and i just shutted it down.

Now even after opening the tray i cant get into unleashed dashboard, i just get the default microsoft dashboard pal version.

i was trying to remod it with no sucess

got the sid 5.11 and 5.12 and use both splinter cell exploit and mechassault
both just restart the game and change the xbox led to solid orange, so i tryed deleting everything and redownload the mods again and such and no sucess, i even trying using the original av cables since some people said they could be issues with component ones and then again same thing

i hit the run linux profiles and the games restart without lunching the softmod installer, any help would be apriciated, i lost hours and hours and im no close to get back into having my dashboard to use emulators :S

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
For clarification, is the DLC you were installing still on the system and is it for an exploit game?

I know years ago when installing a mod using SC and Krayzie Ndure for a friend the SC DLC stopped the installer from working.

Do you have a backup of your BIOS or a TSOP and preferably stock C drive?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For clarification, is the DLC you were installing still on the system and is it for an exploit game?

I know years ago when installing a mod using SC and Krayzie Ndure for a friend the SC DLC stopped the installer from working.

Do you have a backup of your BIOS or a TSOP and preferably stock C drive?
it was for chaos theory and yeah i deleted all original splinter cell saves and dlc before doing the exploit again, i never done any backups tough.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since you can load into the MSDash you’re still fine and can fix it.

remove all exploit saves and the softmod save from the Xbox and retransfer over both the game save and the softmod save.

Run the exploit and resoftmod.

Recommend using mine, but if you prefer SID use that.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since you can load into the MSDash you’re still fine and can fix it.

remove all exploit saves and the softmod save from the Xbox and retransfer over both the game save and the softmod save.

Run the exploit and resoftmod.

Recommend using mine, but if you prefer SID use that.
already did that 3 or 4 times and no dice with sid, tryed several dis like 5.10,5.11 and even 5.12, hopefully yours works lets hope, latter today i will try it.

L2000

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
You need to find a way to get the softmod installer files reloaded on the Xbox first before you will be able to run the backup disc to complete the softmod.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to find a way to get the softmod installer files reloaded on the Xbox first before you will be able to run the backup disc to complete the softmod.
but that was my entire issue, the mods just didnt run so i couldnt install anything lol

anyway today i finaly got my original xbox softmoded, using Rocky5 method i got the softmod menu and could isntall, im gonna be honest, i miss the unleashed/original dual boot dashboards tough but hey it works and im okay with it.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tsop it already (unless it's a 1.6) will save you the headache later if you burn hexen to a dvd-R/RW two of my xboxes one pre tsoped has phillips the other thompson both can read dvd+rw oh and pro tip flash the evoX bios as it's easier to set up drives that way (ind requires you to enter a button combo on hexen (which oddly always fails for me despite being correct) also if soldering isn't your thing there's always solderless method though risky using a conductive ink to bridge the points (it's risky cause if it doesn't conduct well enough and disconnects durring flashing you'll have a paperweight) this assumes you don't have a sharp chip though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto