ROM Hack Help with Soft Bricked Old 2DS

MoDzBrOkEn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing an FBI downloaded miitopia yesterday, (through the qr downloader.) I had been playing it for over a week now with no issues. Until yesterday. I was finished playing it for the day, and clicked save and quit. Upon which, the game froze. I couldn't go to the homescreen, nothing. So I powered off the system, and when I turned it back on, I was met with a black screen. If I did the key combo for rosalina, I could open that, but I can't access my homescreen, or anything. Am I soft bricked? I did a youtube tutorial that told me to do L+R+A+DPAD-UP during the power on sequence, and if I got the update screen it meant I'm only soft bricked. But upon doing the update, (it said I was up to date) after I clicked okay, it powered back off. I then powered it back on and was met with the same black screen. I need help. What do I do?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I was playing an FBI downloaded miitopia yesterday, (through the qr downloader.) I had been playing it for over a week now with no issues. Until yesterday. I was finished playing it for the day, and clicked save and quit. Upon which, the game froze. I couldn't go to the homescreen, nothing. So I powered off the system, and when I turned it back on, I was met with a black screen. If I did the key combo for rosalina, I could open that, but I can't access my homescreen, or anything. Am I soft bricked? I did a youtube tutorial that told me to do L+R+A+DPAD-UP during the power on sequence, and if I got the update screen it meant I'm only soft bricked. But upon doing the update, (it said I was up to date) after I clicked okay, it powered back off. I then powered it back on and was met with the same black screen. I need help. What do I do?
Try to follow this

Reactions: Alexander1970

MoDzBrOkEn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only backup I have is the initial backup that you make when you go through the process of installing CFW and Homebrew. Can I just restore from that? If so, how would I do that?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only backup I have is the initial backup that you make when you go through the process of installing CFW and Homebrew. Can I just restore from that? If so, how would I do that?
You should try to power cycle it first.
Hold the power button for 10 - 15 seconds, for a soft reset. If that doesn't work, make sure your system is off, remove the SD card, then turn it on and remove the battery.

Next you can try to delete your home menu exdata (the thread you were linked has instructions).

If none of that works, than yes you can use your Nand backup you made when you installed everything, just note you'll lose any games/apps you installed after the backup was made.

Press and hold start then turn on your 3DS and launch Godmode9. Hold (R) and press (B) to eject your SD card. Copy your back named (<date>_<serialnumber>_<sysnand_###.bin) and place that in /gm9/out/.
Put your SD card back in your console and press Home to use the action menu.
Go to Scripts > GM9 Megascript> Restore Options >Sysnand Restore SAFE
Choose your backup file. Follow on screen prompts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.