OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi GBAtemp, I need help with running some of my homebrew apps I have for my DSTT. Ok so some of the apps I have (Moonshell DSorganize and NesDS) aren't letting me browse for the games or songs I want to load. But the other console emulators I have work fine. I have no idea what to do and I'd really appriciate it if someone helped me out. Thanks! (Oh and by the way these apps just randomly stopped working) These apps used to work before but now they don't. And also, the roms still boot up but they wont let me browse for the stuff I want to load!
angry.gif

D

Deleted User

did you pull your microSD out of your computer before they stopped working?

D

Deleted User

Try doing this:
go to the link and format your sd card REMEMBER to back up the files on your sd card
try taking off the other homebrew or some games
or you could re-download the files and put them back on

you could have:
not enough space on your micro sd
lack of using a formatter
corrupt the files

link: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

lolman196

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You see, the thing is I forgot to menton that when I try to back up files from my MicroSD to my PC it says "Parameters is incorrect" or something along the lines of that. So if I did format my MicroSD, I would have to download all of my files again. And I have already tried all of the other things you mentioned. So I think i may have corrupt the files. (Maybe from trying to install that English translation patch for Shonen Jump Ultimate stars?) I'm pretty sure that's what corrupt my files.

D

Deleted User

can you scroll through the tt menu?
if you can move through the tt menu, can you load anything? If so, what?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
About backing up your MicroSD card..
I vaguely remember I had something like 'Parameters are incorrect' when I tried copying stuff from a Flashdrive to the PC as a backup

IIRC it was something to do with either 'invalid' characters in one of the Directory paths OR the directory path was too long.......

....while typing this out I found my original post on another forum. Apparently it was the directoy path was too long.The original path was something like
Code:
K:\Programs\Runable From USB\OpenOffice 3 (Office Suite)\Data\settings\user\uno_packages\cache\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.12345.PackageRegistryBackend
When I changed it to
Code:
K:\Programs\Runable From USB\OpenOffice 3\Data\settings\user\uno_packages\cache\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.12345.PackageRegistryBackend
I could copy the folders over just fine (FYI - my flashdrive contains a lot of 'Portable Apps' - one of which is - as you can see - Open office)

Can you check to see if you have any very long directory paths ???
Have you tried copying over a directory 'one-at-a-time' to see if a particular directoy is causing the problem (I think that's what I did before I figured out what it was) ??
- If you have a corrupted file - then doing this might be able to point to where it is

lolman196

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been checking my folders on my MicroSD and lots of them have multiple corrupt files and it would take me hours to back up all of my files and format it. And I dont think it's too long of a directory path problem either because I tried to back up my NES roms folder and the path is only this: "L:\NES Roms\ Mega Man 5 (USA).nes", for that rom that it said "Parameters are incorrect".

MAJOR EDIT: I just tried backing up some files to my pc and I backed up lots of stuff but then my computer completly froze so I couldn't do anything then I just took out my micro sd and when I put it back in, The files had been corrupt into 6 files. Woo hoo. Atleast I got all my DS roms before it froze. All I have to do now is format and re-download some stuff.

EDIT:Now everything is working again! Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, I dont have the other 3 wives