Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As some of you may very well know, a loose laptop power jack/charging connector can be a
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
kinda problem.
You guys probably are slightly luckier than me.
For those that want to know, my laptop is made by Toshiba (notorious for this kind of problem) and it's a Satellite series A135, model S4467. If you've seen the review on CNET then you know the battery lasts about 2 hours on a full charge. Which is BAD.
And those that have had this problem also know that moving the power connector in any way can disrupt the charge.
When inserting, it even feels kinda loose. Replacement of the AC adapter's charging connector can be done (messily) if someone can tell me what things I need and what their RadioShack part numbers are.
Or can someone at least tell me how to temporarily solve this problem until I can get rid of the problem forever.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, temporarily solved the problem by applying some solder to the tip of the power connector to improve the connection. Tomorrow I'll go and see what else I can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress