Hacking Help with forwarder channel.

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a WAD Manager forwarding channel. It works fine, but when I try to exit to loader, it gives me a code dump. I have read about this problem in DevkitPro Forums, and the coder added some code to stop the code dump. Is there any way to fix this without modifying the source code? (The wad manager works fine on Homebrew Channel)

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two other problems too, mostly unrelated, but I'll post them in this topic so as to not clutter the forum. First question, whenever I try to use a complex forwarder in customize mii, it gives me an error and says I need to download libogc. Libogc is already download on my computer. I also tried extracting in customizemiis folder, but it didn't work. Any help? My second question is, that I have WAD Manager 1.7by Waniikoko. I wan't to use the NAND emulation feature, and I have a modmii built nand, but it never asks me to use it. Thanks, M1r0

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for the libo GC I don't know. as for the Wad manager it only asks if you choose IOS249. Check your PM for that modded wad.

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told If you installed as IOS 249 it would continuosly ask you for updates even if you had on disks.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use a block update patch hey. almost every version of system menu fro 3.2 on has some kind of patcher that can do this. Also Most discs do not ask you to update anything unless they Have nintendo's IOS 249 Stub on them. Like I said though it's very easy to get around disc related updates.

Also by maxing out the version number on cIOS you completely update-proof that IOS slot. Since Big N's Servers version number is never going to be greater than the max you can install it and the servers will assume it's up to date. For that matter Priiloader can block online updates So you'll never have a need to worry about updates from nintendo again.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes remove the Stub and install Rev21d2xV3 from Modmii using the base of your choice. What are you trying to use to block updates and what system menu version are you using?

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I got update blocking to work. I didn't remove the stub, but installed fine. I installed wanikokos IOS 249 though, instead of Rev21d2xV3 (I wasn't sure wanikoko's wad manager would work with it). Still, the NAND emulation doesn't work. I saw that Rev21d2xV3 had better NAND Support. What should I do? It asks me for NAND device now, but doesn't actually do anything with the information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs