PS1/2 Help with ESR/Burning PS2 Iso's

JonathanHanlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I seem to be having troubles with burning and using ESR, I tried burning Dragonball Z Infinite World on a Verbatim DVD-R making sure that I also patch it before I burn the ISO, yet when I put it into the PS2 it tells me that there is "Unknown Media in PS2" I have tried Verifying the disc before using it but it always gives me errors, I also tried burning the disc on another computer but because of copying the ISO I think that may have messed it up a little as when burning I got thousands if not millions of miscompares, so I don't know. I have been using imgburn, but tried one more on DVD decrypter, however I am out of reach of PS2 at this moment and time.

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight of what I could maybe being wrong,

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the game re-rip it.

JonathanHanlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thing being that it's a download, so would I possibly have to redownload the ISO? I've tried this with others(Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy X) but to no avail, when I put the disc into my Drive again my computer completely slows down and all of the windows start to become unresponsive, some of them end up just coming up as Blank DVD but then say that it can't be written on.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you actually got fmcb installed on your memory card?

JonathanHanlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Yes I have FMCB installed on my Memory card, ESR 9b version, the one that came with the noobie package, I also got a hold of another PS2, this one is a SCPH-50003 Model, the other was a SCPH-30001 Model, although I'm still experiencing this problem. When I open the ISO in imgburn it does appear as DVDvideo, I've also opened the file after patching and burning in ISOBuster, I get the Layout of Disc > Session 1 > Track 1 > (ISO) Final Fantasy X > (UDF) DVDvideo >> Audio_TS + Video_TS > (IFO) Video >> VIdeo_TS.

PS2: Model SCPH-50003 PAL - Browser: 1.40, CD Player 2.00, Playstation Driver 1.11, DVD Player 3.00E
Disc: I'm using are Verbatim DVD-R.
CD/DVD Drive: a ATAPI iHAS120
ISO I've attempted this with: Final Fantasy X(PAL/NTSC), Kingdom Hearts 2(NTSC), Dragonball Z Infinite World(PAL)
Burning Software used: imgburn(can never verify, also causes massive slow down after burned when trying to load disc on computer), Alcohol 120%, CDburnerXP(I've been able to get my computer to recognize the disc better using this, can also verify fully) and DVDdecrypter.
Patcher: ESR disk Patcher 0.24a

I hope the information I'm posting is easy to understand, if you need anything clarified just post asking and I'll try my damndest to find it.

EDIT: Also if this is possibly relevant, Alcohol 120% tells me that my DVD drive can Read all types of CD/DVD but cannot Write CD/DVD-ROM, if this is what could possibly be the problem. However I've successfully burned Dreamcast backups before on the same computer.

JonathanHanlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It's alright guys, after having the problem so long with DVD-R I switched to DVD+R and now the Magically work, this is strange due to that many people say that DVD+R usually doesn't work, or works less than DVD-R. What's more strange is that I get them to work with DVD+R Verbatim, which I was already using the DVD-R of, and had many failed attempts. It could have also been something to do with the dye or something, the DVD+ was MCC-004 or something, and the DVD- was MCC-xxxxxx but included letters and number, the plus only had numbers in it.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input and time to at least attempt to help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.