Hacking Help with DIOS MIOS:USB Loader GX will find Wii WBFS files, but will not find GCN games on FAT32 usb

sekuza009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the memory card is in slot A
turn off nmm
enable no disc any other options that aren't needed.

also might want to download diosmios booter and use it and see if it might be your loader.

I have turned nmm off and it appears to work.

The first time I tried it the wii just shut off, for some reason. The second time the game has loaded past the menu and I've started playing.

I'm a little uncertain if this will work for good now, so I'm going to suggest keeping the thread unlocked in case something goes wrong.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys, I would have never been reunited with my favorite rpg if not for your support.

sekuza009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have turned nmm off and it appears to work.

The first time I tried it the wii just shut off, for some reason. The second time the game has loaded past the menu and I've started playing.

I'm a little uncertain if this will work for good now, so I'm going to suggest keeping the thread unlocked in case something goes wrong.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys, I would have never been reunited with my favorite rpg if not for your support.

Look at my luck! Just after I posted this, an after ten minutes of play the audio started to skip and it crashed on the next loading screen.

Does this mean bad rom?

sekuza009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would find another yes.

I acquired another ISO from a more trustworthy location, and ran it twice.

First time it crashed on first loading screen, second time it crashed with the "an error has occured, refer to the gamecube instruction booklet for more details" error, which is interesting.

Well what now? Is it my usb stick? Or maybe its a setting that needs to be changed?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Probably because you are using 3.0 instead of r1218

If you update from 3.0, verify that the "GameCube Main Path" is correctly set to "USB1:/games" after updating to r1218.

I replaced the boot.dol from the usbloader_gx folder with the one you provided me with, also I copied the r1218 patch over there, my gamecube games still don't show up, btw I have my Gamecube and Wii backups on the same hard disk (WBFS partition (Wii) FAT32 32K partition (GC) )

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have gamecube games on the same hard disk, FAT32 partition must be located before the WBFS partition.
FAT32 MUST be the first partition on the drive.

But it doesn't explain why games aren't showing at all.
You should see the games if you select USB2:/games/ path for "GameCube Main Path" in the user settings, but it will prompt that the FAT32 need to be the first partition (as only USB1:/games/ is working)

If your FAT32 is correctly placed at the start of the drive, you should see the games on USB.
Verify that :
1. the path is correctly
Settings > User path > GameCube SD path : SD:/games/
Settings > User path > GameCube Main path : USB1:/games/

2. You selected to display games from both SD+USB
(it should be set to Autodetect by default).
Settings > Loader Settings > Gamecube Origin :
- Auto: Auto detect the MIOS. If you have DM installed, it will act like "Main folder/SD Folder". if you have DML, it will act like "SD folder/Main folder" option.
- SD folder: Display only games located on SD card.
- Main folder: Display only games located on USB (USB= Gamecube main path, if you set it to USB1 above)
- SD folder/Main folder: First load games located on SD path, then check if there are other games on USB (will not display dupes from Main path)
- Main folder/SD folder: First load games located on Main path, then check if there are other games on USB (will not display dupes from SD path)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill