Hacking Help With A9LH to B9S Please

SquareGravy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to upgrade my New 3DS XL to B9S. I haven't touched anything on it firmware wise for a few months if not longer after I first installed the Arm9LoaderHax.

I'm using the a9lh to b9s guide.

I've checked multiple times that I have the files in the correct place.

At section 2, to install boot9strap, It says to boot your device while holding START to launch the Luma3DS chainloader. This is where I'm having issues. Holding start launches HourGlass9 and holding select launches Luma3DS Configurator 6.6 ...

I'm not really sure why it's doing this. I've changed the arm9loaderhax file to the newest version for Luma and it's still launching into 6.6. I read in another thread that this may be it booting from Nand or something like that and not reading the file on the SD card. Does anyone have a suggestion?

If I can just update to the latest firmware to play new games without doing all this then I'll just do that.

Thanks.

Last edited by SquareGravy,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using an old build of luma. Just name the payload in a similar fashion to the hourglass 9 payload using a different button. Then boot holding that button to launch the payload.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You're using an old build of luma. Just name the payload in a similar fashion to the hourglass 9 payload using a different button. Then boot holding that button to launch the payload.
That won't solve the problem. OP already tried updating to 7.0.5 but it still reads off the CTR-NAND, because there is an issue reading the SD card at boot. Adding different payloads to the SD card won't help if the SD card is not being read.

EDIT: Did you change the arm9loaderhax.bin to the 7.0.5 version or did you just try adding boot.firm from 8.1.1? What you said here makes it ambiguous:
I've changed the arm9loaderhax file to the newest version for Luma and it's still launching into 6.6.
If you didn't copy 7.0.5 arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card then that would be why and what mike said would be right

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just make sure you don't have the payload for HourGlass9 with a "start_" before the name. That's the most likely reason for all this. If you have something with "start_" at the start on the name it skips the chainloader menu. Either remove that part from the name or put something like "r_" before the name of the B9SInstaller payload and press R while booting instead.

SquareGravy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'll give all this a shot. But to be honest, I was using the 7.0.5 version of arm9loaderhax.bin and I also formatted my SD card prior to doing this and it was still booting into HourGlass9...

SquareGravy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I'm an idiot. Thanks for everyone that responded... I figured it out. As I mentioned in my original post I haven't touched any of this stuff in months and months... I forgot there was an SD card INSIDE the 3DS that you have to take the back off to access... I was putting everything on the SD card in my flashcart... completely forgot about the one inside the console. I got it working now. Thanks everyone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe not. Put everything onto that SD card and when holding start it's still booting into the Luma3DS configuration menu, no the chainloader... but this times its v7.0.5 configuration

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Got it, had to enable the option in step 3 of the guide for it to go to the chainloader.

Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative