Hardware HELP! Wii not working!

xdremel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wiikey modchip in my wii and i was playing tigerwoods and all of a sudden the screen goes black and when i reset the wii...all i see is a screen with scrambled text. what is wrong?

thanks in advance

xdremel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adding to that it's scrambled text not the japanese text that i've read in others.

i've tried unplugging it for 5 minutes as well

and tried switching up the games

please help anyone!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the scrambled text you're talking about? Is it familiar scrambled text? It sounds, from what I can gather from your posts, like the Wii has overheated and is causing graphical artifacts.

xdremel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's like it's supposed to tell me something...but alot of the parts aren't showing correctly. i would assume that it was graphical artifacts..but i let it sit for a while then restart the system..but nothing changes. it looks like it's supposed to a normal black screen with text.

if it at least boots up with some sort of screen does that mean it isn't bricked?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like the same problem that a friend of mine had. this problem has been identified by nintendo as something that requires the system to be sent back to nintendo for service.

QUOTE said:
When it doesn't work, you switch it on and you get a plain black screen with a few odd white pixels in the middle (like they might have been bits of words)

Nintendo states on their website that if the error is a black screen when you turn it on then it needs returning to them so we'd be grateful if you could do this for us.

They say
If you have verified the connection is correct, and are still receiving a blank white or blank dark screen when powering on your Wii console, then the problem is likely with the system and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.
the troubleshooting section of nintendo's website can be found here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...na/ts/index.jsp

I'm not sure what your options are with the wiikey installed, however you'll definately need to remove it prior to sending the unit back. now, whether nintendo identifies that you've voided your warranty is another story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1