aka Big-PeePee Swinger
OP
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
So, after being a dumbass I'm stuck. I had HBC installed, and some how messed it all up, I no longer have it installed, and I cannot get the installer to run. Every time I run it the "Press 1 to continue" message never appears, I let it run all night, and it never appeared. I read about this and found that it was a corrupt or missing IOS58, so after screwing with it a bit, I'm stuck with IOS58 completely missing now. How can I reinstall IOS58? Because everything I use usually gives me error 1017. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using the LEGO Star Wars (Return of the Jodi) exploit.

I have also tried using d2x-cios-installer from a .elf Homebrew Launcher I found, and I cannot get the v10 to show up as a option to install. It just shows v6 and I can't go any higher, I've made sure the ciosmaps.xml is correct and all.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why is there so much new user with broken vWii ?

You messed your system, uninstall IOS58 and HBC ?
that will be very hard (if not impossible) to fix.

what hellbender said is the only solution if you don't have a clean IOS58 anymore.
When he says "move the IOS58", he means a good, not fakesigned, dump of the vWii IOS.
not your IOS58.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the reason for uninstalling HBC was it would black screen me upon starting it.

Run YAWN with the return of the jodi hack, install the V58I.wad, go to the menu and run the ios 58 installer channel, and it will install the ios. Just mak sure you have IOS58-v6432.wad in the root of your sd card.

EDIT: I'll send you a clean ios in pm

Last edited by H3llbender,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not "easy", it's possible only if he still has a cIOS installed in 249 or 250 or 236, as it's needed to get NAND access to install the channel.
if he didn't mess with other IOS, and he already installed cIOS, then that will be fine.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
OP
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
it's not "easy", it's possible only if he still has a cIOS installed in 249 or 250 or 236, as it's needed to get NAND access to install the channel.
I believe I do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Run YAWN with the return of the jodi hack, install the V58I.wad, go to the menu and run the ios 58 installer channel, and it will install the ios. Just mak sure you have IOS58-v6432.wad in the root of your sd card.

EDIT: I'll send you a clean ios in pm
Awesome, thanks so much for your help :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
good, so put the YAWM elf file to the root of your SD card, and the "good signed" (you have it? edit: ok, now you do ;) ) IOS58 on the root of SD card too.
run the game exploit to launch the homebrew.
if it asks you to reload to a specific IOS slot, select 236 (if you have it) or 249.
then select install wad menu, and install the wad file he linked in his post.

After the channel is installed, exit to vWii system menu. you should have a channel, run it and it will install the IOS58 wad.

after the IOS58 is installed, you can reinstall HBC by replacing the boot.elf with the one from hacmii installer, and rerun the game exploit.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
OP
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
good, so put the YAWM elf file to the root of your SD card, and the "good signed" (you have it? edit: ok, now you do ;) ) IOS58 on the root of SD card too.
run the game exploit to launch the homebrew.
if it asks you to reload to a specific IOS slot, select 236 (if you have it) or 249.
then select install wad menu, and install the wad file he linked in his post.

After the channel is installed, exit to vWii system menu. you should have a channel, run it and it will install the IOS58 wad.

after the IOS58 is installed, you can reinstall HBC by replacing the boot.elf with the one from hacmii installer, and rerun the game exploit.
Error! (ret = -1017)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
at wad install?
did you try reloading to another IOS slot?

Now I'm not sure if you need to reload a slot or not, sorry. H3llbender will know it as he did it.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
OP
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
at wad install?
did you try reloading to another IOS slot?

Now I'm not sure if you need to reload a slot or not, sorry. H3llbender will know it as he did it.
I'll try that now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll try that now.
NVM, I fixed it. Now it's saying it can't open the file on my SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi