HELP!! vitashell + FTP error, now need formatting!

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As i briefly tried to describe in the title, i was transfering some files thru FTP and the transfers kept failing before reaching 100%, so i decided to close vitashell, but i couldn't. It was somehow weirdly stuck, so i held down the power button to reset like that, and now when i turn on it's asking me to format the memory card. I can only see the default apps.

Is there any way to save everything i had?
I didn't think vitashell would crash and corrupt everything like that.
Post automatically merged:

i just opened the SD on my PC and everything seems to be there just fine. What can i delete or move around to make the VITA load it again?

on closer inspection i might be missing some files, as i don't see anything from the psp games for example

Last edited by placebo_yue,

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I managed to get it running and recovered some stuff doing a disk repair on PC, but a bunch of games, while apparently still taking storage space, are missing from the home menu and unable to be played

How can i find out the folders to manually delete and then reinstall cleanly?
it bugs me how they always use some unrecogniseable codes for the folders. I found out PSP eboots work just fine without the SLUS038342829 names on the folders, as long as you don't use too many characters...

and while we're at it, where are the save files stored? i might wanna back up the couple games i've been playing the most since i got my vita a month ago or so

what i said before + vitashell's "refresh live area" did the trick, apparently i recovered everything. Except irrelevant stuff like the arrangement of the icons on the home screen and such

Last edited by placebo_yue,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed