Hacking [Help] unable to connect to PS4 for FTP

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I have watched the tutorials & used the Al-Azif's PS4-exploit hosting web page to enable ftp. Unfortunately it wouldn't work. The steps I did were follow:
1) go to Al-Azif's PS4-exploit hosting web page
2) Select 5.05 and then hit ftp
3) Once the payload loads successfully, the IP of the PS4 listening on appears as well as the port number. I copied this info
4) Open filezilla and then put in the IP and port number and leave everything blank
5) If succeeded, it will connect to the PS4.

However, the step 5 never got executed (never succeed), filezilla just kept generating error messages like "Connection timed out, Error: Could not connect to server". I am just wondering what I have done wrong or if I missed any steps. BTW, I am using comcast as my provider.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the PS4 on the same network as the client device? This is important. Also you should use a wired connection if at all possible. Much faster.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to ping the IP first
That's the first step

ping 192.168.1.xx

Just replace the 192..... With the ps4 ip
If you don't get a reply then it's a network issue

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are u using a webpage or the guide in tutorial for userguide menu? If not doing it that way give it a try works perfectly for me on comcast also.

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Webpage.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then btw, how can you block the darn sony update link?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Were you able to successfully ping the ip address of the ps4? If you have a network cable connect it directly between your ps4 and pc. You will need to manually assign both the ps4 and the pc an IP address for this to work though but just make sure they are on the same subnet. Make your pc 192.168.0.1 and the ps4 192.168.0.2 both with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and put the default gateway on the ps4 the same IP as you've assigned your pc. Then try the FTP again and it should work. This will tell you if it's a wireless/network issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1