ROM Hack [Help] Transfering Pre G-Rank character from Monster Hunter XX to Generations

MLGToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if it was possible to take my character from XX and put them into generations. I decided to do this so I can transfer them to Generations ultimate.

My character has yet to reach high rank (however I have put about 20 Hours into the save) so from what I gather I haven't encountered any XX exclusive stuff that would cause any conflicts.

I get that this might not be possible and there are alternatives through save editing, however transferring all the items through save editing will be a very tedious and slow process, not to mention that I would still need to redo quests.

Thanks in Advance.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
XX exclusive stuff are in the lower ranks too (eg: extra monsters like Nerscylla or Giadrome). Anyway, it's pretty much impossible to go back at this point, your best chance is getting Gen and starting over. If you aren't even in G-rank, chances are you hardly put any time into it anyway, so it won't be as bad. Also, you should REALLY avoid save editing for stuff, as once you move to the Switch, you will have a brand new set of anti-hacking measures to worry about and could risk getting banned. You shouldn't have anything that rare at the point you are at anyway, so don't worry too much about items.

My advice is, get Gen, play only through the village and afterwards perhaps some online too, then transfer. XX/GU has the exact same low rank village, so get that out of the way and just speed through to G rank in the hub once you transfer.

MLGToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XX exclusive stuff are in the lower ranks too (eg: extra monsters like Nerscylla or Giadrome). Anyway, it's pretty much impossible to go back at this point, your best chance is getting Gen and starting over. If you aren't even in G-rank, chances are you hardly put any time into it anyway, so it won't be as bad. Also, you should REALLY avoid save editing for stuff, as once you move to the Switch, you will have a brand new set of anti-hacking measures to worry about and could risk getting banned. You shouldn't have anything that rare at the point you are at anyway, so don't worry too much about items.

My advice is, get Gen, play only through the village and afterwards perhaps some online too, then transfer. XX/GU has the exact same low rank village, so get that out of the way and just speed through to G rank in the hub once you transfer.

I didn't realize there was new stuff that early on. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll just replay from the beginning since as you said I won't be losing anything rare. :)

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't realize there was new stuff that early on. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll just replay from the beginning since as you said I won't be losing anything rare. :)
And if you want a little advice, you shouldn't bother too much with armors in low rank. I highly suggest for low rank you just keep the starting armor and simply swap out the waist piece for the Arzuros one. That will get you 5 slots to gem in a skill you want (one that's 2 points per lv1 gem), which is plenty, and just upgrade that a bit as you go. Play cautiously and you won't have any trouble. Then when you hit high rank, feel free to make a better set. Personally, I suggest a mix of Ceanataur and Duramboros pieces, getting you a nice couple skills. For example, you can go Duram S head+waist, with a Destroyer gem in each to get Partbreaker, then the rest of the parts Ceanataur S with a one slot weapon and Razor gems in the slots to get Razor Sharp too and also 8 points in Expert, so with a charm that's even half decent or has 2 slots, you can get all 3 skills. That should be plenty until you reach the endgame and doesn't need any rare materials. Anyway, good luck.

MLGToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And if you want a little advice, you shouldn't bother too much with armors in low rank. I highly suggest for low rank you just keep the starting armor and simply swap out the waist piece for the Arzuros one. That will get you 5 slots to gem in a skill you want (one that's 2 points per lv1 gem), which is plenty, and just upgrade that a bit as you go. Play cautiously and you won't have any trouble. Then when you hit high rank, feel free to make a better set. Personally, I suggest a mix of Ceanataur and Duramboros pieces, getting you a nice couple skills. For example, you can go Duram S head+waist, with a Destroyer gem in each to get Partbreaker, then the rest of the parts Ceanataur S with a one slot weapon and Razor gems in the slots to get Razor Sharp too and also 8 points in Expert, so with a charm that's even half decent or has 2 slots, you can get all 3 skills. That should be plenty until you reach the endgame and doesn't need any rare materials. Anyway, good luck.

Thanks for the advice, one of my favourite parts of Monster Hunter is trying out different mixed sets so I'll definitely give the set you suggested a try.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the advice, one of my favourite parts of Monster Hunter is trying out different mixed sets so I'll definitely give the set you suggested a try.
No problem. Just heads up, full sets are a LOT better actually unless you go for speedruns (where you can only use specific skills). To get truly max DPS or DPS and utility, full sets are best, although not the R/XR armors as they are meant for mixed sets. Once you get to end of GU and can farm Atoraru-Ka, it's full set is by far the best along with Deviljho/Ceanataur mix, both are G rank only though. Still, they EASILY outperform all other sets you can possibly make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed