Hacking Help T-T

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get help for quite a while now yet no one has answered me V.V' I'm having issues with getting Action Replay loader an Gecko os to work on my wii 4.2u I heard you have to use MIOS patcher to even get the loaders working but Gecko OS just goes to a black screen D= I havn't used an MIOS Patcher on my wii because I really dunno which one I should use on it to even get the apps to work. Any help would be appreciated T-T....
cry.gif

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to use GameCube games on your Wii
First of all you need a Homebrew ready Wii,

wiibrew

You need an application called custom mios patcher to patch your mios and you need an application to run copied gamecube disc's on your Wii.

First you need to install a custom Mios
there are 5 versions at this moment, Google this: cMios_rev5-Installer
if you want another version then you may want to search yourself (rev4 or 3, I recommend)

Extract the content to a new created folder in your apps folder on your sd card.
rename cMios_rev5-Installer.dol into boot.dol, and if you want create an icon.png and meta.xml but that's not realy needed.

If you have an internet connection on your wii you can run the installer thru the homebrew channel, and choose network installation. Which Ios to install = 249
Make sure you have a gamecube controller connected during installation!!

Offline installation
For offline installation you need the newest mios Wad file on the root of your SD-card
You can use NSUD to download directly from the nintendo server

Then start the cMios installer on your wii and choose "Wad installation"
Select the device where you copied the wad file
Make sure you have a gamecube controller connected during installation!!

Now your Wii is updated with a cMios

Next step is to run your Backup Launcher
There are some different launcher, the one I'm writing about is optional and you can use another launcher. It's your Wii and your choise.

Google this GC Backup Launcher 0.2
Place the content of it in the apps folder on your SD card

Run the homebrew channel and enjoy.

Running the loader
When running the loader there is a small text beneath the screen:
This lets you change the video mode
Pressing buttons on the Gamecube controller changes the video output mode
X = PAL
L = PAL60
Y = NTSC
B = 480P
A = AutoDetect
B = Patched MIOS (generally works well for most)
Start = Reloader (slow) (solves issues for some people)
Make sure you try different options when a game is not working

I better inform you about:
Some Wii's have a problem running the loader when there's already a GameCube disc in the drive, reboot your Wii and remove the disc, start the loader.. wait until it's searching for a game and then place the game in the tray.

How to use MultiGame disc's
press left or right on the D-pad

Softmii
Let you run the copies from your disc channel (I'm not using it but there are enough people who can't do without it anymore)

This guide can be used at your own risk, if you don't know what here is written, then:
A. You first must read more info about softmodding your wii
B. I did a terrible job
C. Ask questions to people who can help you

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But will doing all this get Action Replay Loader an Gecko OS to work on wii 4.2u? :wtf: Was told you have to use a MIOS Patcher before you can even use those apps? I got the homebrew on there through bannerbomb an I know how to put apps in, so I will try what you listed X3 cross fingers an hope it works, really dunno, knowing my luck my wii will attack me
hate2.gif

I also noticed you said thats to play backup of gamecube games? Really don't wanna do that :wtf: just trying to get those apps to work an MIOS Patcher, it said when I loaded MIOS Patcher "Not A Valid Application!" an it exited from loading it too...

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I *think* you could just grab an earlier version of MIOS using NUS Downloader and install it. wasn't it only later versions that blocked Action Replay? Can someone confirm this?

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would that mean I'd have to downgrade from 4.2u to an earlier version to be able to run Action Replay? :wtf: I mean...I don't mind doing that...would downgrade it to do that but won't I have to reinstall homebrew with the twilight hack in the older wii versions? Only chance I would do it is with a guide of doing that...the only issue is being able to run band hero ^^' the only reason I even updated my wii was to run band hero
frown.gif
why does the wii gotta be so stubbern? X-x

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not to say its wii's fault, more or less nintendo's. Sometimes your able to find hacked updates to be able to run a game without actually installing an update that cuts out all your stuff. From my recent experiance, GeckoOS does not work with the new versions of homebrews (I think, my information may be outdated).

Scratch that, my GeckoOS is 1.9.3...

You don't exactly have to run a MIOSpatcher. In my experience you'd have better luck using cIOS patches to get everything. Could you run by what exactly your trying to do? (Hoping this topic isn't outdated)

Kk looking at my wii i have everything up and running on a 4.2U so you have no need to downgrade, you just need to run the proper cIOS updates (or such).

I would like to reiterate that I'd really need to know what exactly your trying to do with your wii? (Run backups or get geckoOS to work)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just ran some mIOS patcher that i got from a youtube video description. it comes with a dol of action replay and a save with a bunch of cheats. after patching the mIOS, i now have a boot.dol to run from HBC. when i run that dol, it starts mIOS, pops into gamecube mode, and loads the action replay dol from my sd card. from there, i can choose codes and then start the game.

the geckoOS GC ISO also runs fine under this mIOS, so i can cheat with either method.

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm trying to do is to get Gecko OS an Action Replay to work on my wii which is a 4.2u D= What would I actually have to do to get them to work on the wii? Just trying to play harvest moon >-

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not gonna work on a wii with official updates to 4.2. the mios after like 3.2 killed action replay. youve gotta patch it or downgrade it.

and yes, that link from pepxl is the one i used and it works fine.

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll downgrade it, just need to know how to do it without bricking it D= an do you gotta update it to even play band hero? (whole reason why we even updated it) uset to have a 3.2 =(

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mikiasie said:
I'll downgrade it, just need to know how to do it without bricking it D= an do you gotta update it to even play band hero? (whole reason why we even updated it) uset to have a 3.2 =(
Get Dop-Mii. It can download and older version and install it (asuming your Wii is connected to the Internet. Otherwise you'll have to download it with NUS-Downloader on your PC, and place it in the right directory. Then DOP-Mii will do the rest again).

And: Your Wii probably won't brick. In the worst case, if something goes wrong, GC-Games won't work. But then you can still try again with DOP-Mii. But don't quote me on this.

And 2: The mIOS is only for GC-Games. Wii-games are unaffected by this.

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with what giantpune or blue k are suggesting. Alternatively, you could search into google for any downgrounds. From what blue-k is suggesting, its the easiest downgrade method.

I know i have cheats working on my 4.2u wii =( i just dont know the steps that i did to make this possible..im sorry

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its fine =3 I will try blue k's method with the downgrading the only thing is if I do downgrade it to like 3.2 or 3.3 would I have to use the twilight hack or would the homebrew an everything still be there when I downgrade? An I'm also wondering if the band hero would still work if I downgraded it =( because since we updated the wii we havn't been able to play wii sports or guitar hero 3 they just go to a black screen...
unsure.gif

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are that band hero will not work, but your homebrew would (however if you were to ever remove your homebrew channel then you'd have to use the twilight hack to reinstall it)

If you want we could work through the process a long way. Though continuous forum posts make this problem longer than it is.

Though heres my instructions...

When you try running gecko OS what happens?

If it does not work - Lets try to figure it out; what does it do when it doesn't work...

If it does - This problem seems to be around the cheats, so if it does work and your cheats aren't working. Lets make sure that your cheat are set up properly on your SD card.

use this program - http://wiird.l0nk.org/ocarina.zip to get your cheats installed to your card, I'll guide you through the process. This program is the long (but still easy) method to getting cheats onto your SD card.

1. Open up the zip folder
2. Open up the PC folder
3. Open codemgr.exe

Now you have your program open. Now to add cheats to it, its pretty simple. Follow this link http://geckocodes.org/
This website has most of the codes you may want or need, however check the forums (Theres a link to it on the page) for any other codes for the game that may have not been posted. Sometimes your game may not be shown on website, so you may have to find the codes on the forum itself. When your looking for codes on this forum, use the search bar to search the game in the topics its for (Find anything relating to NTSC codes in the forum, then search there any of the other sticky pages)

Now onto adding codes to your program, when adding a game and codes follow these steps:

If you did not download a txt file from the website...

1. Add the game's ID which is found either on the CD or on the website. If your checking the CD check the underside and inner part of the CD (its small text so look closely). For a game like super smash brothers your game's ID would be RSBE-0B-01-USA. You can ignore the 0B and USA. Making the ID RSBE01.

2. Once its put in, you might want to put in the game name to keep it remembered for what game it is.

3. Click add code/comment/category and give it a name

4. under code contents, put in all the numbers of the code. Make sure that they are not all grouped at once, you'll have to put enters in them and they should be = 42000000 90000000 = 16 characters long.

5. Click on the code, then click store modification then you have your code. Add more codes as you please following this process.

To add codes to your SD card, either with a TXT or by your own creation, click export to GCT.

But before you click export to GCT make sure your code(s) are all checked in the plane to the left under the game ID.

Your codes should be added to their own folder and GCT on your SD card and are ready for Gecko OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now another method you could use is directly from your homebrew channel itself. Install the homebrew browser to your SD card (Follow its installation instructions) and look through the program for codemgr or something related to codes of sorts. Download it (it will install itself) and you'll be able to get codes that way. The program will download the codes txt files itself and allow you to turn them on or off as you decide. Then should be usable with gecko os.

If you have any futher questions or this isn't what you were looking for, then please add my email address ([email protected]) to ask. I may not be on, but i'll try when i can.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
action replay and ocarina are not the same thing. and how would you suggest loading the ocarica codes for gamecube games? you need special hardware such as SD or USB gecko. action replay can use a 3rd party GC memory card.

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe shes talking about the harvest moon WII game, and she considers orcarina and AR the same... At least thats my assumption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F