XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u should be able to update via ninty anyways.... the update is available if u are missing a single 'update'. So if you have cIOS249rev17.... it will prompt u to update it to rev XXXXX (stub IOS). So yea, u can still update via ninty if u r already on 4.2 as long as at least one thing still needs to be updated (this includes your boot2)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see how any program that "pimps one's wii" by automatically installing IOSes without teh user's input is recommended. and it sure as hell isnt needed here. this guy is asking about 1 game. why would you suggest he make changes to all his IOSes? are you high or just stupid? everybody has my permission to not follow any advice by this kid.

the game works fine for me without "pimping" my wii. i ripped it to FAT and im playing it with 222v4. no other settings are required.

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i jus dont understand anymore. i have the original game and it gives me the same results as the backup which i downloaded. i am so confused... its obviously not the game cos it works for others so its my wii but whats wrong with it...

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peterthelemon said:
i jus dont understand anymore. i have the original game and it gives me the same results as the backup which i downloaded. i am so confused... its obviously not the game cos it works for others so its my wii but whats wrong with it...
Someone suggested deleting the save data for Resident Evil.
I don't know if it'll work but back up the save before you delete just in case it wasn't causing the problem.

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
did you say you have system menu 4.2e or 4.2u?

4.2e

harmor said:
QUOTE(peterthelemon @ Feb 16 2010, 08:58 PM) i jus dont understand anymore. i have the original game and it gives me the same results as the backup which i downloaded. i am so confused... its obviously not the game cos it works for others so its my wii but whats wrong with it...
Someone suggested deleting the save data for Resident Evil.
I don't know if it'll work but back up the save before you delete just in case it wasn't causing the problem.

i will try that tmorrow, though i doubt it will work as others have had this same problem

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when did i say i was trying to play the us version... i bought the original... and regarding the save file, this crash happens quite close to the start of the game so i might just start again to see what happens

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao i know... sorry bud... tbh its getting to a point where im so fed up if i dont get this working with in the next few days im either gonna buy a new wii lol...

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fixed the problem. the game somehow glitched and i ended up doing something i should have until later in the game, incidently making it f**k up... Thanks for all your help guys

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xzxero said:
you obviously have cIOSCORP installed which is making the game read a 3x.

run the cIOSCORP uninstaller.

I have CIOSCORP installed and my orig. games run at 6X in Disc Channel!
And you can think of PimpMyWii what you want but is not much unsafer than using DOP-IOS which had a few nice bugs in the past (Syscheck).

Good that your problem is solved. Did you use Ocarina?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dmon84 said:
xzxero said:

I have CIOSCORP installed and my Orig. games run at 6X in Disc Channel!
And you can think of PimpMyWii what you think but is not much unsafer than using DOP-IOS which had a few nice bugs in the past (Syscheck).

For it to run at 6X a modchip has to be installed, all softmods only run at 3X.

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tanas said:
Dmon84 said:
xzxero said:

I have CIOSCORP installed and my Orig. games run at 6X in Disc Channel!
And you can think of PimpMyWii what you want but is not much unsafer than using DOP-IOS which had a few nice bugs in the past (Syscheck).

For it to run at 6X a modchip has to be installed, all softmods only run at 3X.

I was talking about a retail disc !!!

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh yeah, i should take more notice
smile.gif
sorry

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blueowl0708 said:
Do you have prii/preloader installed?

Try turning off the hacks if you do.. perhaps you are forcing games to load with a particular IOS?
I had a situation where EA Active disc wouldn't work. I forget what setting it was but it had to do with preloader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...