grifter.be

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi.

It seems like it has been ages since i have been on my old Wii.
My kids still where, but it stopped when i bought the Wii U.

But it seems my kids has been hassling with the Wii. Somehow he replaced channels from the Wii to the SD card... Yet, i cleared space, but it seems i lost blocks... I just can't add the amount of channels and games i used to have... It seems somehow something is wrong... Like hidden maps on PC. Something is using space, but i cannot see what it is....

Way back i made a backup with Bootmii....
Would this help? Or is there any way to upgrade my wii, put the latest ios and so on?
another strange this is following... I can boot CDR's but some original games like zelda do not work.......
Any suggestion of what i can or should/shouldn't do?

grifter.be

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MAybe i should have been more clear... I shall put it this way. What is the best way to clean my Wii, except the Saves of course, and update to the latest software so its up to date... And i do not mean a Official Nintendo update.... Thx on forward

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could use your backup you made with bootmii and restore it,but any saves and new channels you have installed installed since making that backup will be gone.

I would recommend using modmii to rehack your wii. Download it and then run a sysCheck scan on your wii. You then take the file it creates and load it into modmii and then modmii will update everything that's needed and then you just install everything to the wii.Modmii will make you a custom install guide with instructions.

Syscheck can be found on download page 2 of modmii. Then after you run it select SU from modmii's main menu and follow the on screen instructions.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be that the saves are actually your problem... especially if you have been playing a lot of games that save just a few blocks here and there. All those 1-2 block saves add up... and if you've played a game once, and never again, you may want to remove them.

You may want to use AnyTitle Deleter to view installed channels, but you need to be careful because if you delete the wrong thing, you have a brick. Most channels should be easily checked and removed through the Wii's own channel manager. And most Channels only take up a few blocks. So Large save files/DLC is probably what's eating the most memory.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like w!! said it could be that you have a lot of game saves taking up space. Some only use a few blocks but if your kids are just playing every game once to see what ones they like then all those 2-3 blocks add up real quick. I've had to go through the game saves on my wii multiple times and delete game saves i know the kids never play just to free up space so they can continue with games they will actually play.Also there are some games that take up a huge amount of blocks. I know mario kart and super smash bros both take up around 125 + blocks each.So if those are on there and your kids don't play them then i would get rid of them for sure.
It could also be the channels installed to the wii. If its a newer wii and it has the internet channel preview thing on it(comes preinstalled on newer wiis) then that thing takes up a huge amount of space.There's no need for it at all so you can delete it along with any other channels your never going to use.

Another thing to look into would be nand savegame emulation. If your using the most current usb loaders then they probably support this already. I use cfg loader and i know it has this option. It creates the save file for the game on your external drive rather then to your internal nand that way you can space on your wii's internal storage space.

grifter.be

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could be that the saves are actually your problem... especially if you have been playing a lot of games that save just a few blocks here and there. All those 1-2 block saves add up... and if you've played a game once, and never again, you may want to remove them.

You may want to use AnyTitle Deleter to view installed channels, but you need to be careful because if you delete the wrong thing, you have a brick. Most channels should be easily checked and removed through the Wii's own channel manager. And most Channels only take up a few blocks. So Large save files/DLC is probably what's eating the most memory.
Will try this first, to see if there are hidden things. Been trough the save games, and they are not the problem. The problem started when my son started to move the channels from SD to Internal Memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo