Hacking Help Needed: Flash Memory Adapter for some Game Boy Cartridges

kiddejig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm looking for something to modify an original Game Boy cartridge and make it possible to flash your own ROMs onto it.

2017-04-04T17%3A37%3A03.151Z-2017-03-12T17-48-26.285Z-IMG_4335.JPG.2560x2560_q85.jpg

I have found this person on the Tindie marketplace selling an adapter board but their product is Out of Stock for a while now.
I also found their affiliate link for ordering it from the manufacture PCBWay myself but I don't need that.

So, does anybody know where I can order something like this somewhere else? Ideally including a compatible Flash Memory.

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm looking for something to modify an original Game Boy cartridge and make it possible to flash your own ROMs onto it.

2017-04-04T17%3A37%3A03.151Z-2017-03-12T17-48-26.285Z-IMG_4335.JPG.2560x2560_q85.jpg

I have found this person on the Tindie marketplace selling an adapter board but their product is Out of Stock for a while now.
I also found their affiliate link for ordering it from the manufacture PCBWay myself but I don't need that.

So, does anybody know where I can order something like this somewhere else? Ideally including a compatible Flash Memory.
Have You tried use EZ-Flash Jr? It's a darn good cheap flashcard!

kiddejig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have You tried use EZ-Flash Jr? It's a darn good cheap flashcard!

Ghehe suure... :rofl:

I actually own a Jr. and it works fine, I guess, if I stay on FW4 but it is not that reliable with ROMs that use the RTC function.
So I would like to try to modify a genuine cartridge with RTC function.
And I kinda like a project that involves some soldering but sourcing the parts for this project is a bit difficult for me.

Reactions: WiLLiW

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ghehe suure... :rofl:

I actually own a Jr. and it works fine, I guess, if I stay on FW4 but it is not that reliable with ROMs that use the RTC function.
So I would like to try to modify a genuine cartridge with RTC function.
And I kinda like a project that involves some soldering but sourcing the parts for this project is a bit difficult for me.
Wow! It's like an adventure! Keep going!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...