Hacking HELP! MY R4i GOLD 3DS PLUS DOES NOT WORK AFTER CFW!

TeddyPrimus

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have the same problem as the one that started this thread and i tried using these file but when i use restore flash i get an error

Westwoodo

Trophies
XP
Country
Try this on your already cfwed console:
Check that the internal flashcart switch is in D and insert it into your console.
Extract the files from this zip to the root of your 3DS SD: https://mega.nz/#!LcwXCQZK!lWmhnBznE3H-gXW7u-Rm-1D68C8XLNf8JGDDQ2IeeZA
Overwrite any existing files.
Hold Start during boot, then select ntrboot_flasher
Press A to continue, then select R4i Gold.
Select Restore flash.
When it finishes, reboot console.
Thank you for posting this, I couldn't get it to work with my backup for some reason, but your AIO worked perfectly!

Reactions: PowerBall253

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if anyone has ever had a flashcart like r4i gold 3ds rts be used as the cfw so holding either button opens the stuff whenever the system is off, but the thing is the flashcart stopped working after i removed the cfw so its power off the device instead now.

marioluigipeach10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same situation, but restoring doesn't work:

I've done this in the past when I CFW'd my own o3DS XL, where I flashed my R4i SDHC RTS Lite and used it to do the whole CFW installation shabam, and naturally once I was done I simply restored it on the ntrboot screen (holding start during powerup). It all worked back then. Now it's been a while and I've definitely got a little rusty on the knowledge of 3DS CFW, a friend of mine wants me to hack his doorstop 2DS.

After running ntrflash or whatever it's called, the 2DS should boot some magical screen after holding X+Start+Select+Power for several seconds when in sleep mode (As seen in the 3ds.guide). Unfortunately that's not what happened; see I either made a mistake of not placing the correct files on the 2DS SD card, or I misplaced files on the R4i SDHC. All resulting in a 2DS that appears to still be in stock retail (no cfw installed) and a non-functional R4i SDHC that isn't detected when placed in any of my DS devices.

My first thoughts were; "Huh, weird. I guess I'll restore the flash of my R4i SDHC and try again." I placed the Flashcart in my trusty o3DS XL and booted up the ntrflash manager thingie. At first restoring didn't work; giving me a "Restore file is missing" or something like that. Then from my empty skull I thought it would be a good idea to 'Dump Flash'. After I did that the 'Restore Flashcard' it seemed like it worked, considering that I got a message saying that the restoration was successful.

That's where things go down hill, after rebooting the o3DS XL, the flashcard didn't show up. I've tried to restore it a couple times now. It's getting me no where. I heard that there is a backup file or something on 3ds.guide that will help me, but I haven't looked too deep into it. At first I didn't want to include the whole story but I believe that it was necessary.

Thanks!

YuukiBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HOLY THANK YOU IT FIXED IT! OMG THANKS SO MUCH!
OMG THANKS SO MUCH FOR ASKING THIS BTW!!!! I was having this problem for so long and couldn't find the files ANYWHERE to fix it for the card we both have! I just decided to look it up today again after two years and here you are :)
If you're going to cfw another 3ds with your flashcart, just put the fikes on SD Card as expkained on the video and then skip to minute 6:49.

Also thanks SO MUCH PowerBall!!!!

YuukiBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try this on your already cfwed console:
Check that the internal flashcart switch is in D and insert it into your console.
Extract the files from this zip to the root of your 3DS SD:
Overwrite any existing files.
Hold Start during boot, then select ntrboot_flasher
Press A to continue, then select R4i Gold.
Select Restore flash.
When it finishes, reboot console.

Ok so, I already said thank you because at least there is some sort of solution, but It keeps saying,
"Restoring failed"
I followed all of the instructions so are there some files I should put on the R4i as well? Also, my 2ds Xl won't turn on normally rn but I assume that is for some simple reason that I have forgotten since I haven't done this in years lol.
Help would be really appreciated if someone can!!!

Last edited by YuukiBean,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof