AtwoZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi..
I would like to know if someone know about decoding files or something.

I have the files that I extract from WWE 12 game and these files are actually some screenshots that have been taken in-game
from Highlight Reel saved replays. Anyone who play the game might know about this.

So, I wanna know how to decode the extracted screenshot files into readable images. I used USBXTAFGUI V.44 to read/extract the data from saved games in my USB drive
and wxPirs to extract the content inside. Supposedly, the content should be an image file, but the extracted content is named as SaveData.dat. I have tried rename every extension file, like JPEG,
PNG, TIFF and any image extensions, but still cannot be read.

I used the same method for Rumble Roses XX and the files that contain in-game captured photo can be read and saved. So, I thought the same way can be done with WWE '12 game
but nope.

I have provide a link to download the contents (3 files that extracted from USBXTAFGUI (.ss extension), 3 files that extracted from wxPirs (.dat extension):

http://www.mediafire...kse9gkx9joggh60

I hope anyone can download this and try to make the files into images. These image files have been taken randomly in my saved data for anyone to try
to decode them. I'm not really know anything about coding/decoding stuff, so it's possible to teach me how to convert into readable image file.

TheBuzzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took on the challenge and figure out how to grab the image.

seems like the .ss is some file structure. I just look for headers giving two files helped because i compared the hex to see what part are same and different.

so here are the 3 images

02screenshot.png

01screenshot.png

00screenshot.png

AtwoZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow..How you managed to do that (been a while since I haven't check my thread)

I indeed checked the .ss files and one of those hex lines contains PNG format. So, does the file actually can be decoded into PNG image format?

Then, I checked the .dat files and inside, it has DDS or ,DXT perhaps, which I think it's a texture format that can be read through plugin installed on PS. Then, I'm kinda confused on how to decode them.

TheBuzzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt login for a long time but yep it is the dds header will do.

irfanview can view the images if you make that part the main header

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E