problem connecting USB to xbox360

maikel_12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a 360 elite from 2008, it only has LT 3.0, the rest does not have RGH or anything similar, I have been using it for years without problems but recently I noticed that if I want to transfer files to a USB such as updates or saved games when I connect the USB to the console It tells me that it has nothing and when I reconnect to the PC all the folders are gone, the storage space is still intact but the Content folder is not there, simply an unreadable file that says "0". Anything I transfer to the USB through Horizon is not read by the console, it simply reads a blank USB and when I put the USB back to the PC everything is gone, does anyone have an idea what is happening?

maikel_12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sounds like it needs to be re-formatted to the 360 through settings.
Do I have to format the USB from the Console first for it to work? Before I simply created a folder called "Content" and with that I could use Horizon and pass everything

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything I transfer to the USB through Horizon is not read by the console, it simply reads a blank USB and when I put the USB back to the PC everything is gone
Sounds like your USB device is fake or dying.

Get a new one from a reputable seller / distributor and format it in FAT32.

maikel_12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sounds like your USB device is fake or dying.

Get a new one from a reputable seller / distributor and format it in FAT32.
No, the problem is with any usb i have 3 usb, then all of them have that problem, but i backup my ps4 saves on that usb and work fine, maybe can be a problem with my 360 usb port?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean have you tried formatted the usb through the 360 yet yes or no?

Select settings, and then select System Settings. Select Storage or Memory. Select USB Storage Device. Select either Configure Now or Customize to format the USB flash drive for Xbox content.

Reactions: BigOnYa

maikel_12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Select settings, and then select System Settings. Select Storage or Memory. Select USB Storage Device. Select either Configure Now or Customize to format the USB flash drive for Xbox content.

I formatted the USB on the console and copied a save file there, then the Horizon recognized everything without problems, I am trying to transfer the DLC of bioshock infinite so I transferred them through Horizon to the USB and then on the console it was recognized and I hit transfer the DLC to the console, I thought that was the problem but in the middle of the transfer I got an error and after that everything that was on the USB appears as a damaged file, although when I put it on the PC the Horizon does not say that They are corrupt but in 360 it does...
Post automatically merged:

I reconnected the USB to the console and despite having the space occupied, now I get that I have nothing there, Horizon doesn't recognize it either and on the PC this is what I get

usb.png

I have to format the USB so that it is recognized again, it is as if the console corrupted the files... but it only happens with the USBs since I have never had this problem on the console's HDD and this USB thing is recent

When selecting the option to view hidden folders and system files on the USB I get this

usb2.png

It seemed that everything was going to work without problems at first but that first error simply appeared in the transfer and with that nothing more could be done

Last edited by maikel_12,

ganjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using a flash drive or different drive and see if it corrupts. Can you transfer files to it with your PC without file corruption?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?