Help: Issues with running NTSC-U GC games on a PAL Wii

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think the best way is the one I said on the previous page, load your discs with Neogamma. Be free to consider what you want to do.

dannyb0yy21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey Sypherone and totakeke95 and others,

So I managed to run and play SSX 3 on my PAL Wii via Nintendont, which I was not able to start via Disc Channel. NBA Street Vol.3, unsurprisingly, also ran fine on Nintendont, as did RE:4 Disc 2, the latter displaying correctly on my HDTV. I reckon that, based on my limited experience, that only some NTSC games would actually appear on the Disc Channel despite toggling " Region Free Everything " on the Priiloader System Hacks menu ( Edit: I'm leaning more on the opinion that Priiloader is anywhere close to useful in running overseas GC titles as compared to Nintendont). It's rather annoying that I have to keep my SD card inserted in and open Nintendont to get a plug-and-play feel that I precisely bought into with the original games.

However, I could not get RE:4 Disc 1 to read at all either via Nintendont or Neogamma. Trying so brought me right back to the Wii menu though. I've tried swapping discs after booting the other titles just in case, but to no avail.

One thing I was remiss in mentioning was that there were slight cracks under the label art of both discs. Since I'm in India, I find it is most likely due to the moisture in my area and the games were previously stored in a cardboard box in, shall I say, not the most dust-free conditions. Needless to say, as of now RE:4 is useless to me in its present state.

Fortunately, there's a GameCube hobbyist very close by who is known to the seller and he was willing to pick it up and test the game himself on his NTSC GameCube. I just dropped it as of the time of my writing. I did suggest him to dump the data of Disc 1 and try running it on his modded GameCube or Dolphin emulator, since I don't have a DVD reader/burner on hand, but let's see.

I'm awfully new to this whole Wii modding scene, and it took me quite the research before taking the plunge on purchasing the games. I still am very keen on exploring the GameCube library through my Wii and it's great to learn by asking around and figuring things out.

I'm yet to explore Neogamma and USB Loader GX properly but I'll do so when the need arises.

dannyb0yy21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Update: Resident Evil 4 cannot be read on the guy's NTSC GameCube. Thankfully my seller is accommodating enough to issue a refund. I've attached an image of the discs, label side up, for the sake of documentation. The back of the discs, I assure you, were in very good aesthetic condition.

Still it is such a bummer because I wanted to experience it, as God intended, in the spirit of spooky month on original hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_20221010_142220.jpeg
    IMG_20221010_142220.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You simply have to dump the disc in order to know if it's corrupted/ damaged or not. Visual inspection is useless regarding that.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the feedback.
So finally u have working solution by using nintendont to run your ntsc games on the PAL Wii. Ya the hacking stuff isnt a one way ticket.

As collme says, dumping the RE4 disc with USB Loader GX and running them from USB would be worth a try. But as your seller refund you, you might get another one.

If you want a plug-and-play feel, there is the possibility to autoboot into Nintendont and/or skipping the Nintendont screen and autostart the gamedisc directly. But i hadnt set it up by myself, so it needs a try.
Priiloader autoboot Nintendont
Nintendont autostart disc (check first comment)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch