Hardware Help deciding between R4's

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent updates released by Nintendo, most R4 cards have been gimped (aka difficult to get working if they don't already, and probably not updatable in the future).

A fan favorite is the DSTWO cart. I have never used it myself, but from the specs it gives you:

1. Longest battery life
2. Fastest updates
3. Better emulators because of extra coprocessors on the cart itself

They used to be expensive, but they only cost like $30 now so that seems like the one to go with at this point in time.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
do not get an R4 (there are WAY too many clones/fakes) you might not know waht type you are getting
get a supercard ds two

if you look at the latest update for R4i Gold 3ds
you need to do HARDWARE modification (open the card and cut something inside of it) it get it working on the newest 3ds FW

other r4 might NOT get an update for the new 3ds FW

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the chart for the carts and looked up the ds two and i think I'll go with r4i gold. Although the DsTwo looks better than the gold with the updates in all, but the dstwo is kinda out of my budget. I just put down a 100$ preorder on a ps4 and that killed my budget for games so since the gold is cheaper and has the main functions im really gonna use ill go ahead and get it. My 3ds is currently running version 4.40 and i wont update it because i don't play online on my 3ds. thanks for all your help.

Also dont know why the sites went down so fast. They were working when i post them now i cant even see them.

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i wont be buying any new 3ds games anytime soon. I found my 3ds at a parade a year ago we posted ad's for the 3ds and waited 3 months before deciding to keep it, and since then i only bought 1 game.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i wont be buying any new 3ds games anytime soon. I found my 3ds at a parade a year ago we posted ad's for the 3ds and waited 3 months before deciding to keep it, and since then i only bought 1 game.

Yeah, with the huge backlog of really good DS titles you won't be needing to update for a really long time.

What does the price difference end up being between the two?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021