Homebrew Help! Bricked vWii, no NAND backup.

dlacroix84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone!

So, long story short (kind of). A friend of mine asked to borrow my WiiU a few months to play through BOTW. I guess they decided to do me a "favor" by attempting to mod my console for me. In short, my console was returned with a bricked vWii. I've spent a few days reading, and was able to get hbl2hbc loaded on the WiiU side to see if I could get in and do a syscheck on the vWii. No luck. Just a black screen. I asked if he had done a NAND backup before messing around with the console. The response I got was "umm...NAND backup?" Also asked for the guide he used so I could see what had been altered. No luck there either. Doesn't remember. Assuming he has no clue what he even did. The WiiU seems to be functioning perfectly fine. So, just wondering if there's anyone who could give me some potential assistance or suggestions? Am I SOL on unbricking? The console is on 5.5.1, so was hoping a system update to 5.5.3 might fix the problem but I get error 162-3006 when trying to do a system update. Assuming due to the bricked vWii. Would like to see if I can restore functionality, as my son uses the vWii and I'll end up having to purchase another console if I can't get this one sorted.

Thanks in advance!

dlacroix84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick update: bricked vWii is fixed. I took a gamble and ordered an "untested" WiiU that someone was selling on Ebay for $25. Luckily for me, it just had some cracks in the plastic casing, but was fully functional and unaltered running on 5.5.1U. Used FTPiiu Everywhere to copy the required files from the Ebay WiiU, transferred them over to my WiiU using the same method. Back up and running.

Reactions: Nathanbr and Zense

ScrubLordm8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that your friend Bricked your vwii to be honest I didn't think someone could brick a vwii so easily. I'm glad you found a solution good luck!

MLGDOOD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update: bricked vWii is fixed. I took a gamble and ordered an "untested" WiiU that someone was selling on Ebay for $25. Luckily for me, it just had some cracks in the plastic casing, but was fully functional and unaltered running on 5.5.1U. Used FTPiiu Everywhere to copy the required files from the Ebay WiiU, transferred them over to my WiiU using the same method. Back up and running.
can you send me the files you used

Nathanbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[QUOTE = "dlacroix84, postagem: 8624614, membro: 414128"] Atualização rápida: o vWii emparelhado foi corrigido. Fiz uma aposta e pedi um WiiU "não testado" que alguém estava vendendo no Ebay por US $ 25. Felizmente para mim, ele só teve algumas rachaduras no invólucro de plástico, mas era totalmente funcional e inalterado com o 5.5.1U. Utilizei o FTPiiu Everywhere para copiar os arquivos necessários do Ebay WiiU, transferi-los para o meu WiiU usando o mesmo método. Backup e execução. [/ QUOTE]
can you send me the files you used, please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: