Hacking Help Bricked N3DS w/ A9LH & Luma

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wait, there's something easier for the 3DS with A9LH:
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
You don't need SysNAND to boot for this to work, so you don't have to resort to NTRBoothax. Just update to B9S using this and then CTRTransfer through GodMode9.

As for the one without A9LH, that one should be done through NTRBoot. That's the expected behaviour with the magnet. It stays in sleep mode, so it allows you to use NTRBoot.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, there's something easier for the 3DS with A9LH:
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
You don't need SysNAND to boot for this to work, so you don't have to resort to NTRBoothax. Just update to B9S using this and then CTRTransfer through GodMode9.

As for the one without A9LH, that one should be done through NTRBoot. That's the expected behaviour with the magnet. It stays in sleep mode, so it allows you to use NTRBoot.
Do I need to boot Luma to do that, because Luma and the payloads will not boot. I even tried replacing all of the payloads and the Luma file. Also, So the 3ds is not suppost to turn on with the magnet on it? Because the blue led doesn't turn on when the magnet is on the B button.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do I need to boot Luma to do that, because Luma and the payloads will not boot. I even tried replacing all of the payloads and the Luma file. Also, So the 3ds is not suppost to turn on with the magnet on it? Because the blue led doesn't turn on when the magnet is on the B button.
Not Luma itself, but you need chainloaded payloads to work. If they don't, it's back to NTRBoot. I'm not sure if the LED should stay off, but it means it's at least reacting to the magnet, which is good

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not Luma itself, but you need chainloaded payloads to work. If they don't, it's back to NTRBoot. I'm not sure if the LED should stay off, but it means it's at least reacting to the magnet, which is good
OK, Then It is back to NTRBoot then, but I don't have a flashcard. For the 3ds without A9LH if I do a CTRTransfer, would all the Game save data still be there. Or will it delete all the downloaded apps?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, Then It is back to NTRBoot then, but I don't have a flashcard. For the 3ds without A9LH if I do a CTRTransfer, would all the Game save data still be there. Or will it delete all the downloaded apps?
I believe everything will be gone. That's one of the reasons I advised you to keep a NAND dump of the bricked consoles in their current state, so that if one day a better solution comes, you will have a way to recover your old data.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. For the 3ds with A9LH, will I need to do a CTRTransfer, because the CTRNAND Is "Corrupted" (According to Luma After weird things started to happen)

Edit: I have a SysNAND Backup for this 3ds

Last edited by MrMcTiller,

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
On the 3ds WITH A9LH I do, but on the one without, I do not.
So restore that backup on the 3DS with A9LH. If you do a full restore, you may have to re-install B9S afterwards, with the "A9LH to B9S" section of the guide, if it's a backup that includes A9LH, or through NTRBoot if it's a pre-A9LH backup. On the other one, just do a CTRTransfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay